thxbest

Cisco connect and problem with Cisco E1200

Hello,

I want to use cisco connect with the Router E1200. There is a wireless connection between laptop and E1200 Router. When I run the "Cisco Connect" after couple minutes searching It can not find the Router and I have to put an (Router name SSID) and password.
What's the problem?

Thanks

brickmonkey

Re: Cisco connect and problem with Cisco E1200

For the initial setup, all it requires is a proper physical connectivity between your modem, router and computer.  To setup a new router, it’s always recommended to set the router to factory defaults before you run the CD. Finally run the Cisco connect software that’s bundled with the CD, which handles both your internet setup and wireless setup. For the setup process, you need to perform the following:

i.    Verify that there is an active Internet connection between the computer and modem

ii.   Setting up the router using Cisco Connect

For more information about installing the E1200 router via Cisco Connect. Please refer to the link below.

http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=e30f926604334d538668529cb50ad174_21463.xml&pid=80&...

thxbest

There is a proper wireless connection between router and computer. I don't want to setup a new router. I just want to setup the guest access. I don't have the setup CD, I downloaded the Cisco Connect software for E1200 router.

Cisco Connect is searching after E1200 and says it can not find the router although there is a proper wireless connection between computer and router.  

What is the problem?

brickmonkey

The Guest Access feature allows you to create a separate network for your guests without allowing them to access your main network and the computers connected to it.  This feature is automatically enabled and secured by the Cisco Connect software.  However, you can also enable it using the router’s web-based setup page.Here is the link:- http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=93&login=1&vw=1&app=search&articleid=22753&userrole=Links...

thxbest

The Guset Access is already created and the computer is connected to the Guest Access. When I open the browser it requires a Guest Access password. I don't have a password for and I want to get a password to use the internet. That's why I'm trying Cisco Connect.

How can I do that?

Thanks 

Administrator
24JUAN80

You can follow what brickmoneky already suggested as well as simply open Cisco Connect to modify or check the Guest Access Password.

You may refer to this link. http://homecommunity.cisco.com/t5/Cisco-Connect/Need-the-guest-password-Here-s-how-to-retrieve-it/td...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Search Function is your friend.... and Google too.

How to Secure your Network
How to Upgrade Routers Firmware
Setting-Up a Router with DSL Internet Service
Setting-Up a Router with Cable Internet Service
How to Hard Reset or 30/30/30 your Router
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thxbest

The problem is when I run the Cisco Connect it can not find the router. It requires router name (SSID) and password and I don't know what to do because I don't have the password.

What's your suggestion?

brickmonkey

Are you able to access the web interface of the router using the default IP address and password. (admin). If yes, then you could look for the password in the 'guest access' tab. Refer to the screenshot.

E1200.JPG

bccoin27

I'm having exact same problem.  All my devices connect to my wifi network but cannot access Cisco Connect from my desktop to view/change settings.  See "Error Message"  I know I'm connected to my router so what gives???ErrorMessage.jpg

free chocolate

^ Is there anyway you can hardwire (connect with cable) your desktop and your router? You can access it from there.