Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
killmequick

Configure WPA or WEP with xbox 360

I wanted to set up WEP or WPA password on my connection so no one can get in without the password but when i did i can't connect to my xbox live on xbox 360..any ideas? I have wrt54g v2.0

Re: Configure WPA or WEP with xbox 360

U have to enable the same wireless security setting on ur xbox in order to get it work with router:manwink:
killmequick

well how do i do that

i m not sure abt xbox but u can try logging with the ip of xbox in the internet explorer and look for wireless settings for xbox. the wireless setting of router must be the same of xbox
killmequick

there has to be another way because you cant login to your xbox on ie
chini1

We had the same issues - but were able to search for our wireless network and then use our WEP to log on. It would show we were connected, but then wouldn't find the IP address of the xbox. Once I disabled the WEP (which I really didn't want to do) we were able to log onto the xbox. I'm still working on this. But you can also try the connection wizard on the linksys page which will allow you to save the settings onto a usb stick that you plug into the back of the xbox to download the router information.
killmequick

So wheres this connection wizard at?
killmequick

i figured it out..just make your password on the router settings 192.168.1.1 usually and then on your xbox go to system then network settings then edit settings and type in your password

On the main menu of the XBOX, use your joystick to click on settings, network settings, then click on advanced, then click on wireless, then click on settings, then click on security key. There it will allow you to input your wep key.

Hope this will help. :smileywink: