Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
geiszzz

Connect my Exchange server via Wifi and EA6500

Hello, I have a problem. Since I have installed my new router, a Linksys EA6500, I have many problems to connect to my Exchange Server, which is located in my house, via Wifi. I tried to synchronize my Iphone and my Samsung tablet but it won't work. Most of the times I get the message that the Exchange server cannot be connected. When I turn off my Wifi en connect via my mobile provider I have no problems. When I am on a third party wifi I also can connect my server. Seems my own wifi causes lots of problems. My old router, a Dlink dir655, never had this problems. Can anyone help me?
Expert
zee29

Re: Connect my Exchange server via Wifi and EA6500

You need to do port forwarding. Check what ports you need to open for your Exchange server. Since you changed to a new router, then those ports may not be open yet. From what I know, you need to forward ports 25 and 110. But there might be other ports that you need to open. What version are you using and what is the OS of your computer?

geiszzz

Ports are open. That's not the problem. My computers are wired. No problem, always connection with my server. My 2 Iphones and 1 tables (android) have problems to connect with my server via wifi. I never had problems with my Dlink and before that with my linksys wrt54g. Seems like there is something wrong with the wifi of the EA6500.
kawal

can this exchange server be wired to the router? if possible, try it. this is to isolate if it's the wireless connection that you're having problems with.
geiszzz

My PC's en Exchange server are wired. In this setting I have no problems and can make connection. The problem is that wireless tablets en Iphones cannot make connection with the Exchange server via wifi. So wired there are no problems. Wifi is the problem. And as I said before, the settings in the router are the same as they were in my old router. Only wifi gives troubles. 99% of the time I cannot connect and synchronize my phones and tablet with my server. When I switch wireless off and connect with my phones to my server via my mobile telephone provider (3G) there are no problems at all.
Jake_2.0

Make sure that you have replicated the settings of your old router to the settings of the new router and then try also to isolate this problem by using a laptop computer and check if it will work. The purpose of using a laptop is order for you to isolate if the problem is with the router’s firmware. Check if opening port 443 on your router will be able to fix this issue. You can also check the links below for further information about this concern.

http://community.spiceworks.com/topic/205984-unable-to-connect-to-exchange-server-from-mobile-device...

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3413395?start=15&tstart=0

geiszzz

Hi Jake,

I am sure the settings are the same and Port 443 is open.
I will read the information on the links you send me. Thanks for helping.