Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Suki256

Connecting iPod Touch to my wireless network?

[ Edited ]

I am trying to connect my iPod Touch to my wireless network.   I have a WRT160N router.

My iPod shows  the linksys connection but it will not accept my password?   My Laptop (PC) connects fine.

I am not overly computer savvy so simple or detailed instructions would be great!

Message Edited by Suki256 on 10-09-2009 09:33 PM
Ricewind

Re: Connecting iPod Touch to my wireless network?

Make sure the security key which you are using to connect to your Wireless Network on your IPhone is same as of your Router. It might be due to Incorrect security key used to connect to your wireless network or your IPhone is not accepting the higher level of security Key.

Open an Internet Explorer browser page on your wired computer(desktop).In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1 and press Enter...Leave Username blank & in Password use admin in lower case...

Click on the Wireless tab

Click on the Sub tab under Wireless > Wireless Security...

Below change the Security Mode to WEP or WPA Persoanl.  If you have set the Security on your Router to WEP then you need to use "Key 1" password to connect to your Wireless Network on your IPhone along with the "$" sign ($1234567890)

If you have set the security on your Router to WPA then use your Password to connect to your Wireless Network. These should make your IPhone go Online Wirelessly. 

Suki256

Re: Connecting iPod Touch to my wireless network?

Thanks very much...I'm in!!!