arobustus

Connection interuppted when trying to load router page

When trying to load the router page http://192.168.1.1/ I get the message

"Connection Interrupted
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again."

Other than that is is fine. But I wanted to set up security, but I don't see how. Yes I checked on Status>Support" & the  Default Gateway is 192.168.1.1The IP address is 192.168.1.101 but if I try that I get the same result.

What to do?

Thank You,

-plh

arobustus

Re: Connection interuppted when trying to load router page

Oh yes I am sorry it is a WRT160N V2.0. Just got it shipped from Lynksys as a replacement for a faulty one.

-ph

dibbler

Re: Connection interuppted when trying to load router page

Adjust the Internet Explorer browser settings :

Open an IE, click Tools >> Internet Options, then delete all files, cookies, history, forms...Goto "Connections", make sure Never Dial a Connection is checked, click on LAN Settings and make sure all the options are unchecked...Once you are done click on O.k...Close the IE and re-open it...If it does not open try a different Browser...

Also disable any firewalls, security softwares on the computer before trying to access the setup page...

If the above fails, connect a different computer/laptop(hard wired) to your router and try to access the set-up page...

If all the above fails, you should reset your Linksys router to factory defaults and retry

Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds...Release the reset button...Unplug the power cable from your router, wait for 30 seconds and re-connect the power cable...Now re-configure your router...