Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
dannice240
Accepted Solution

Connects to router but cannot send or receive data

I have a WRT54G.  I can find the network and connect to the router, but I cannot send or receive any data.  I tried plugging directly into the router and I am still unable to send or receive any data. Both computers on the router has the same problem.  I did a reset of the router back to default settings and still no luck.  Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance for the help.
Expert
sabretooth

Re: Connects to router but cannot send or receive data

You just can't plug a router in and go 'online'.  You have to configure your router with your ISP settings.  Make sure you can go online without the router first but direct connect your modem to the computer.
dannice240

I can go online without the router.  The router was working perfectly fine, then was unplugged, and now will not send or receive.  The only internet I have is by connecting directly to the cable modem.  However, I can connect to the router (when not hard wired), it will give me an IP address, but will not send or receive data (this is when the router is plugged into the modem).
oook

First thing which you can try is, when you Modem and Router is connected to each other, Unplug the Power from Router and Modem , wait for 30 seconds then plug the Power to the Modem and once all the lights are solid then plug the power to the Linksys Router, now check if you are able to go Online. If still not then ....

Who is your ISP. So i think you need to Re-configure all the settings on your router back again.

If your Internet Service Providor is Cable follow this link

If your Internet Service Providor is DSL follow this link