Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
madmike6537

Constant disconnects with wireless router.

[ Edited ]

Hello and thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I have a WRT54G wireless router with speed booster. I am experiencing constant disconnects when online gaming. I have one PC - running windows vista 64bit ultimate. This computer is running a wireless connection which is secured and is about 10 feet from the router through a wall.

I also have an xbox 360 with a wired connection. It doesnt seem to have the same issues but does become a bit sluggish at times.

I have called linksys and they instructed me on how to upgrade to the latest firmware. I think it is 7.5.0 or something. Still having issues. Cox (my ISP) has been out and says I am getting a constant 2mb download.

Any help would be appreciated. I have talked to linksys again they have me pull up cmd and run a test which shows me at a 4-10% packet loss. They say this is an acceptable rate.

Still the problems continue. If anyone can help I would be very greatful. If you need more info just let me know and I will provide whatever I can. Thanks!!!

Message Edited by madmike6537 on 11-26-2008 03:16 PM

Re: Constant disconnects with wireless router.

Sounds like a vista problem, they are breading like rabbits it seems. The WRT54G is a good router, I had one for years with no problems. What type of wireless card do you have in the pc, and is it PCI or USB

madmike6537

Wireless Card is PCI. Thing is -  I went to a LAN party about a week ago at a friends running the same router and I had no trouble all night. Not a single disconnect.

Very good routers. I like the 54G series, one of the few linksys got right. And you are running the most recent firmware on the router and the most recent drivers on the card correct?

Sorry about the double posts, have you tried disabling security and see if that helps any?