AFG_UNIT

DMZ host ip address

I want to host games on warcraft 3 so i wanted to enable my DMZ host IP address. I used to have an SMC wireless router and I was able to host games by enter 192.168.0.1 for the DMZ host IP address. But I recently upgraded to the wireless Cisco DPC3825. I dont know what to enter in the DMZ hos ip address now. I tried 192.168.0.1 again but it doest work because i get an "invalid IP address! It cannot be LAN IP!". So I dont know which values I should enter. Probably some value in the IP config list? Or my static IP address? (I dont know what it is thought but im on vista). Please help. Thanks

opheliaimmortal23

Re: DMZ host ip address

[ Edited ]

Hi there. You need to enter the static ip address of the computer that has the game installed.

AFG_UNIT

where would i find my static ip adress. Because on my last SMC router i put 192.168.0.1 for the DMZ and it worked. so shouldnt this same value work for this router? but it doesnt :smileyfrustrated:

Expert
jlbjlb

I think the general idea is to only put the computer hosting the game or game console in the DMZ.  That way, the rest of the users on your home network will be protected/shielded by NAT.  Only the ip address (or mac address) that you give for DMZ will be exposed without NAT protection to the internet.  But if you want to put the the router/default gateway address, I guess you could.  Most linksys routers are 192.168.1.1

http://www.hotcomm.com/faq/faq_staticipxp.asp