eonical

Download Stalls Linksys WRT54GX-v2

Hello, I have a Linksys WRT54GX-v2 (updated firmware = 2.00.20). My browsing is fine, I get to the webpages that I want to go to, but everytime I download, be it through Internet Explorer, a P2P Program or Bittorrent, it always starts out extremely fine and then it stalls/hangs/stops after 3 to 5 minutes.

I am currently accessing the Internet through WiFi. My Internet Service Provider uses the old canopy-type means of allowing connections. The ISP's antenna receives/transmits the data and it goes through a hard line. I've tried putting the hard line directly to my PC's ethernet port and it works fine even the downloads don't stall/hang/stop, but whenever I have go through my router, the problem comes back. I have multiple PC's at home and it's hard to put my PC in close proximity to where the router is. I also tried to turn-off ALL firewalls (in the router and the programs in my PC) and I also tried accessing the Internet with my PC through a hard line that runs from my ethernet port to the router port and also used a WiFi USB Card to go through wirelessly, but they're not working.

Is it timing-out? I have to reINITIATE the connection over and over again and everytime I do it starts out fine, but it stalls/hangs/stops when I leave the download activity IDLE.

Your assistance would be much appreciated. Help please.
Gollum

Re: Download Stalls Linksys WRT54GX-v2

Download latest firmware from www.linksys.com/download , and update it. Hard reset router after update and set all settings again. Also enable MAC address clone feature on router. change SSID and change wireless channel to 11.
sepster

Re: Download Stalls Linksys WRT54GX-v2

I have the same problem - my WRT54GX-v2 hangs periodically. The firmware is the latest and I did all the steps you suggested, but it keeps hang. What can I do more?