Download Stalls Linksys WRT54GX-v2

Hello, I have a Linksys WRT54GX-v2 (updated firmware = 2.00.20). My browsing is fine, I get to the webpages that I want to go to, but everytime I download, be it through Internet Explorer, a P2P Program or Bittorrent, it always starts out extremely fine and then it stalls/hangs/stops after 3 to 5 minutes.

I am currently accessing the Internet through WiFi. My Internet Service Provider uses the old canopy-type means of allowing connections. The ISP's antenna receives/transmits the data and it goes through a hard line. I've tried putting the hard line directly to my PC's ethernet port and it works fine even the downloads don't stall/hang/stop, but whenever I have go through my router, the problem comes back. I have multiple PC's at home and it's hard to put my PC in close proximity to where the router is. I also tried to turn-off ALL firewalls (in the router and the programs in my PC) and I also tried accessing the Internet with my PC through a hard line that runs from my ethernet port to the router port and also used a WiFi USB Card to go through wirelessly, but they're not working.

Is it timing-out? I have to reINITIATE the connection over and over again and everytime I do it starts out fine, but it stalls/hangs/stops when I leave the download activity IDLE.

Your assistance would be much appreciated. Help please.

Re: Download Stalls Linksys WRT54GX-v2

Download latest firmware from www.linksys.com/download , and update it. Hard reset router after update and set all settings again. Also enable MAC address clone feature on router. change SSID and change wireless channel to 11.

Re: Download Stalls Linksys WRT54GX-v2

I have the same problem - my WRT54GX-v2 hangs periodically. The firmware is the latest and I did all the steps you suggested, but it keeps hang. What can I do more?