Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
JoanieC

Driver and Setup CD for BEFW11S4 v4

[ Edited ]
Hello!

I have the router BEFW11S4 v.4 and I need the set up cd and drivers to install this to another a computer at my workplace.  I want to bring my other computer to the shop and use the owners internet connection.  So we will be installing the router off of his modem.  All I have is the router and the adapter.  I've been looking on the site and there is no drivers to download for this or a setup installation.  The owner's computer has Windows 2000 and mine is Win XP.  Can someone help me?

Thanks so much!
Joanie in OR

PS..I've also email customer support but no answer from them

Message Edited by JoanieC on 11-15-200607:55 AM

Re: Driver and Setup CD for BEFW11S4 v4

Hi,

There is no drivers for the befw11s4 v4..since it is a router...and routers dont have drivers...adapters have drivers...you can call linksys tech for the manual configuration of your befw11s4 v4..or you can log-on to www.linksys.com/connect and download the EASYLINK CONNECT on your computer and run it..it is for the automatic configuration of your router ..

and for the adapter u can download the NETCHECK on www.linksys.com/connect  and it will be the installation of the drivers for your adapter
JoanieC

Thank you Charlie!!

The host computer is windows 2000...will the Easylink connect work on his?  Mine is the one that will tap into the connection and mine is win XP

Joanie
JoanieC

Oh I'm sorry...it's Charrie not Charlie! :smileyvery-happy:

And I've never set up a router, etc before so please bear with me.  I've done a home network but our modem is wireless so it was pretty simple.  So this is new to me with a router :smileywink:

Thanks so much!
Joanie

Hi,

OOOppss..sorry as well, easy link connect will work with winXP only..but u can configure the router manually...i can tell you how , or you can seek help from linksys tech support..just give me as well who is your internet service provider..
JoanieC

That would be great!  Our ISP is thru Qwest :smileyhappy:

I sure do appreciate this!
Joanie :smileysurprised:)
dlangton

Actually, Easy Link Connect works just fine with Win2k.  I just tried it.
Manueleduardo

where to find

sjergons

That link doesn't provide anything for this product. I have this product and I too am looking for a way to get the insallation software and drivers. I have searched high and low and downloaded all of the worthless files that are out there that I have found anyway and nothing is giving me what I need. Everyone keeps saying to go to linksys.com for support or cysco.com and it doesn't offer any support for this product in any way what so ever. It's like it almost never existed. I'm going to try a few more places. But is sure as hell won't be this site. Worthless. Don't you just feel a bit cheated knowing that a year after you buy something and spend a decent amount for it that it's obsolite before you can even remember the freaking model number?