Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
lclyne

E1000 drops internet connection

I have a brand new E1000 and it drops the internet connection a few times during the day.   I unplug it and wait then plug it back in and its fine for a bit.   It will do it while im working or idle.     I have the MTU set to Manual.   the size is 1500.   Network mode is mixed.   I have a Vista and W7.     Any help would be appreciated

Expert
OnnagokorO

Re: E1000 drops internet connection

[ Edited ]

Hello  lclyne ,  

Welcome to the Cisco Home Community forums. We are glad that you are one of our members now.

Please check our Terms and Conditions and this link and see if the procedure will help your problem.

We also have lots of experts here who are skilled and are willing to help and have been a member of this forums since the beginning, you can wait for their posts or send them PM. :smileyhappy:

Cheers!

OnnagokorO

lclyne

Thank you for the reply.  I have tried some different solutions but to no avail.   I have always had these routers and they have been great. 

scrooge

Are you facing this problem on the Wired or the Wireless Computer?

Whats the Wireless Settings you have setup on your Router (SSID, Channel, Security Mode)?

Try to Change the Beacon Interval to 75,Change the Fragmentation Threshold to 2304,Change the RTS Threshold to 2304 and Click on Save Settings...

Now see if you can locate your Wireless Network and attempt to connect...

lclyne

[ Edited ]

i have a wireless desktop and wireless laptop. 

the beacon interval was already 75

FT was already 2304 as was the RTS

scrooge

Try to upgrade / re-flash the firmware on the router.

Connect one computer to the router with the Ethernet cable. Download the latest firmware form the Linksys website. Open the setup page of the router. Go to Administration tab and click on Firmware upgrade sub tab. Browse the firmware file that you have already downloaded and upgrade it on the router.

After upgrading the Firmware of the router, it is recommended that you should reset the router to factory default and reconfigure it.

lclyne

thanks for all of your help but im done with this router.  i cant upload the new firmwear because it keeps dropping the connection.  I cant upload any updates because it drops the connection.    Its going back tomorrow morning.