Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
klcostello@live.com

Re: E1200: Disable Wireless

I just read the post to change the QoS WMM support to 'disabled' --- IT WORKED!!!!  Thank you so very much!!!  My speed has increased dramatically!

ScarletJamie

klcostello@live.com wrote:

I'm having the EXACT same problem -> my WRT54G bit the dust so I thought I was upgrading when I bought the E1200 but my wireless connections are AWFUL!  Any videos that I try to watch on my laptop or my daughter's iPhone are always stopping to buffer and now while watching movies on Netfix on the Wii they, too, are always 'reloading'.  It's incredibly annoying!  If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Just make sure to secure the network using WPA/WPA2 and customize the wireless channel to 1, 3, 6, 9, or 11. Upgrade the firmware of this router if needed.

bmoore2@msn.com

I was having similar probelm and teh QoS changed helped.  How do I change the channel on the E1200?  I'm not finding it in basic set-up.  Thanks!

jaymay

bmoore2@msn.com wrote:

I was having similar probelm and teh QoS changed helped.  How do I change the channel on the E1200?  I'm not finding it in basic set-up.  Thanks!

Hi! You'll be able to change the channel on the Wireless tab. Make sure that the configuration view is set to Manual then you should be able to select a channel you want to setup for your network.

ajriding

I want to disable wireless broadcast.  I go to Wireless page, then click Manual as stated above, then I get caught in an eternal loop of having to login to my router again then the router homepage opens (setup page).  I click on Wireless and see that nothing has happened, and continue the loop.

How can I disable the radio?

I can only unplug it now to get it to turn off the wireless.

I have a new E1200

thanks

blue_butterfly

Hi. Are you trying to disable the SSiD broadcast of your network or disable the WiFi itself? Try using another browser. If it does the same thing, then I would suggest that you do a firmware update.  Once update is done and you want to disable the SSiD broadcast only, you may follow this link: http://kb.linksys.com/Linksys/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=80cc09110306471dbe4fff5c84b73e18_4019.xml&pid=80&r...  If you want to disable the wireless network itself, then you have to access the router page, go to Wireless, click on Network Mode then sets it to Disabled.

ajriding

It won't open in my other browser.  Should I just return the router and get something that works?  The firmware is up to date.

Saffronfs7

Are using a computer that is connected via WiFi to your router? Plug your computer to any of the LAN ethernet ports of the router before configuring the WiFi settings.

If you are already using a wired computer, give it one more chance by doing a factory reset and configure the router like the first time. Then, disable SSID broadcast.
ajriding

That worked.  I had to reset the router and reload it all.  

Go to Wireless tab, then click "manual" and under "network mode" click "disabled".