Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
aspano

E1200 Parental Control Password & Access

Why does my E1200 forget my Parental Control Password? This happens almost weekly and I have to use the "forgot password" option. It asks my security question, I answer it and set the new password to the same password it keeps forgetting. Why does this happen? Also, is there anyway to have total 24hr control on the Block Internet Access? Thanks!

gandalf

Re: E1200 Parental Control Password & Access

Let me know the version number of the Cisco Connect that you are using? You might be using the older version of the Cisco Connect Software... There is a new release of the Cisco Connect Software which can be downloaded from the Cisco website [homesupport.cisco.com] try to uninstall the older version and install the latest Cisco Connect Software...

For more information about setting up E1200 router with Cisco Connect, please refer to the link below.

http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=93&login=1&vw=1&app=search&articleid=22732&userrole=Links...

After doing all the steps check the concern that you have, still persists or not...

Secondly I would like to know that you want to block the Internet Access for certain websites or want to block whole Internet Service?

aspano

I am using ver. 1.0.01

The link for setting up is under Maintenance.

I was mainly hoping to stop the "forgetting" of my Parental Password and secondly to have 24hr, individual day control.

Thanks.

aspano

Well... the CD said 1.0.01 BUT the web based control panel at 192.168.1.1 says 1.0.00 in the upper right of the screen.

gandalf

The web based UI gives you the firmware version of the router which is 1.0.00 and this is what Linksys has on it's website.

However, you can try downloading the latest Cisco connect software and installing it from the following link:

http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/support/routers/E1200