dougneuhauser

E1200 firmware upgrade fails

[ Edited ]

I am trying to upgrade the firmware on my Linksys v1 router from 1.0.02 to 1.0.03 over a remote 56Kb circuit.

I appear to be having a timeout problem.  The upgrade always fails.  I have upgraded several E1200s in my

office over ethernet, and the upgrade appears to finish when the progress bar is at 15%.  However, on my

remote upgrade, the progress bar gets to 98%, hangs for a few more seconds, and then pops up a window

with "Upgrade failed".

I suspect that there is a timeout on the upgrade process, and that I can't upload the 3.8 MB firmware file fast

enough.  Can anyone confirm this?  If so, is there any way to increase the upgrade timeout?

- Doug N

brickmonkey

Re: E1200 firmware upgrade fails

Before upgrading the firmware of your router, your computer must have an active Internet connection to download the firmware file.  Once the firmware is downloaded, you can proceed with the firmware upgrade even without Internet connection.

QUICK TIPS:

• For stable connectivity and to prevent upgrade failures, make sure that your computer is connected to the router using an Ethernet cable.  Upgrading the firmware wirelessly may cause permanent damage to the router since wireless connection may be unstable during the process.
  •  Use a different web browser if Internet Explorer doesn’t work or use a different computer to perform the upgrade.
  • Disable any computer firewall to ensure that the upgrade will not be disrupted.
  •  Make sure that you have downloaded the correct firmware and version for your device to prevent technical problems that may damage the router.
free chocolate

Re: E1200 firmware upgrade fails

You can also try to follow this guide if you have an upgrade fail issue: Router not working after failed firmware upgrade