03-02-2012 09:25 AM - edited 03-02-2012 09:27 AM
New firmware for E1500 has been released.
Release Date: Mar 1, 2012
Last Firmware Version: 1.0.03
Firmware 1.0.03 (build 14)
- Added control to the browser-based GUI, so that a user can manually enable/disable Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- Resolved interoperability issue with ISP DHCP server that mandates client identifier option (option 61).
- Resolved issue with sending broadcast DHCP renewal message. The correct behavior is sending unicast message.
- Allow value of 255 in the 4th octet of L2TP server IP address.
Post your feedback here. Thanks.
03-18-2012 01:23 AM
I just upgraded to this version.
I have now an issue while using the webinterface for administring the device via https. HTTP works fine.
Using HTTPS is very slow.My browser (FF) changes about 10 times per second from "waiting" to "connecting" as if the connection was dropped every 1/10th of a second.
Using Google Chrome ends in the error message: Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.In Safari you don't "See" the issue, but it is very slow, so probably the same issue.
This didn't occur with version 1.0.01.
With kind regards,
03-21-2012 05:22 AM
I've given feedback on the firmware, and it is big issue/bug/security breach. Please see my previous posts.
Managing the E1500 using https is not possible as it gives connection resets. This is the case using any webbrowser (well... Opera, Firefox, Chrome and IE (Windows7), using any OS (well, I tested it with MS 7 and Mac OS X 10.6 and 10.7).
Using IE and Chrome results in explicit errors, Firefox and Opera are somehow able to reconnect after any reconnection resets (20 per second), so it takes a long time to get any information on the screen.
Please let us know if, how and when you will fix this major issue.
04-06-2012 12:10 PM
I upgraded to 1.0.03 and my E1500 is not connectable by any devices in N-Only/WPA2Personal mode except my Mac running Win7. My work XP laptop, iphone 4 running latest iOS, and two wireless client-mode routers will not connect. All these devices are N and WPA2 Personal compatible, and all devices are in the 2.4Ghz band. I ran mixed mode before the upgrade (1.0.00) and not completely sure if it was working at that time (I don't believe it was as I spent 8 hours trying to get my DD-WRT router to connect to it before succeeding).
I performed a 30/30/30 factory defaults reset before and after the upgrade to prevent any configuration version incompatibility.
The router appears to report itself as G/N capable but tries to negotiate G in N-only mode from my DD-WRT client. I'm forced to run mixed mode for the time being and getting 54mb rates out of it.
04-06-2012 11:03 PM