php4u
Accepted Solution

E2000 cannot connect to Comcast

I have tried to connect Comcast to my new E2000 router, with negative results. I did perform the firmware upgrade on the router (to 1.001). My old Netgear WiFi router works fine, so I know the configuration works.

For testing purposes I have the following:

MacBook Pro > E2000

Comcast > E2000

Both via Ethernet cable.

I do have access to the E2000 via web based interface. I have tried a variety of configurations, including the use of the "static" configuration using the current Comcast ip, gateway, subnet and DNS that currently exists. I am unable to get the Auto DHCP to work - Comcast ip's do not appear (in the "status" window.)

Any help greatly apprecated,

Ralph

dudztgp

Re: E2000 cannot connect to Comcast

Turn off both router and modem for a minute or two. Fire up the modem for 30sec then turn on the router. It's possible that Comcast recognizes the old router's MAC address.
php4u

Sorry, no success. Still the same problem. I went back to my original router to get Internet access and respond to this posting.

Anything else I should check?

Thanks again,

Ralph 

dudztgp

Can you check if MAC Address Cloning was enabled on your Netgear?

php4u

The Netgeear was not using cloning.

dudztgp

If that is so, take note of the Netgear's MAC Address. Go to the router's setup page. On MAC Address Cloning sub-tab, put the Netgear's MAC Address. Save it and restart both devices.
php4u

Re: E2000 cannot connect to Comcast - solved

Touchdown!

You were 100% correct - MAC address issue.

Thank you very much,

Ralph

dudztgp

That's great!

Please click on "Accept as Solution" on the post that resolved the issue. So whenever someone encounters the same, they would already know what to do. Thanks!
 Ranch

I have this same problem except I am using Time Warner Cable as my internet provider. I do not have my old router anymore. Any suggestions as to what I should put in the MAC address?

19zack

Re: E2000 cannot complete successful

i open da setup, n click next button when cisco installion page show.. its installion about 28% n then fail..its say " we cannot find ur router" but my internet connection is perfectly good at dat time... wat should i do? i want 2 set my new password... da another problem is dat...cisco ipaddress request...user name n password...wat r da user name n password...? pls advice me ...i m in urgent...thx ya for ur attention...