montana-slim

E2500 Speed Test using Cisco Connect

Until recently, I've been able to check the upload/download speed of my connection through my E2500 router using the feature in the Cisco Connect software. It appears that the speed test website is no longer active. Has anyone else experienced this problem, or is anyone aware of the website being deactivated?

Expert
sabretooth

Re: E2500 Speed Test using Cisco Connect

So use another site, there are a lot of them.

montana-slim

Thanks, Sabretooth. I've done that already. It was just a very convenient way of checking speed while accessing the router set-up. Mainly, I'd like to know why. Is it because the website called for from Cisco Connect is no longer valid? Or is it because my firmware version needs to be updated?

Expert
sabretooth

I have no idea.

CKenneth

Hi. I believe the router's firmware has nothing to do with it. I suggest use speedtest.net instead since it is also reliable.

montana-slim

Thanks CKenneth. That's exactly what I did. Speedtest.net works good for me. It was just convenient to use Cisco Connect. I'm guessing that there must be a URL somewhere in the software that directs the speed test request to a particular website that is no longer active. Not much lost. There are quite a few other sites that give much more information about the connection than just the download/upload speed.