Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
ExcaliburKG

E2500, VLAN configuration

Hi,

I need to configure two VLANs in my home network to separate a server 1 with VM from another part of network with server 2 and wifi clients. Is it possible to keep DHCP server and internet access on E2500 enabled for both vlans? If so, how should I configure ports tagging (variant shown on screenshoot below doesn't work)

E2500_vlan.JPG

MyHomeNetwork.jpg

VALETLINKSYS

Re: E2500, VLAN configuration

Im trying to help you and trying to have that kind of set up but I can't seem to find VLAN on linksys router's UI..

I believe that I can make it :smileyhappy:
ExcaliburKG

The old firmware might be the issue - VLAN support was added in most recent 1.0.07 build 1 firmware, to open the page shown on the screenshot you should select "Setup" -> "VLAN setup" tab in router UI.

levski

he's right, you need a firmware update.

@ExcaliburKG

so how'd this go?

did you find any documentation on how this VLANs are supposed to work on the e2500?

ExcaliburKG

@levski

I've already contacted Cisco's phone support and we've found out  that vlans are not functioning properly now (at least in E2500) - I was told that this probably would be fixed in the next firmware versions, so now we should wait for updates.

But also I'm still wondering if they'll modify dhcp server \ gateway settings so it could serve all configured vlans independently

levski

Yeah, figured out it was alil whack when test setup didn't work.
Unfortunately, am not known for patience. lol
Flashed it with DD-WRT just a couple of hours ago.
But I'll sure try the upgrade firmware when it ships too.