Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
lkleon

E2500 - cannot connect to the Internet

[ Edited ]

I have Network Magic Essentials and use a Linksys WRT54GS router.  I just received a Cisco Linksys 2500  and assumed that it would be a breeze to set-up in place of the WRT54, so that I could gain faster internet and improved range.  After about six hours of frustration trying to set it up, I am pulling my hair out!  I live in a remote area near a lake, and our only option here is a

Wi-Fi signal beamed to our homes via an antenna, coax cable to a "radio" ( Alvarion BreezeAccess).  This has always worked very well with the WRT54, but with with the Cisco 2500, I can get on my local network just fine, but I cannot get connected to the internet.  I can disconnect the 2500, and reconnect the WRT54, and get right back on the internet.

Then, I read your comment that this router won't work with a Wi-Fi signal, and  I think that I'm wasting my time.  Comments? 

hiptechboy

Re: E2500 - cannot connect to the Internet

Does your router physically connect to the wireless signal somehow through another device, or are you saying that the router wirelessly "locks onto" the signal being beemed to your house?

I don't work for Cisco. I'm just here to help.
mnghiem

I have recently installed E2500 and I am unable to connect to the internet. Appreciate your help.

Expert
sabretooth

mnghiem wrote:

I have recently installed E2500 and I am unable to connect to the internet. Appreciate your help.

For cable connection go here.

For DSL connection go here.

CKenneth

[ Edited ]

Hi mnghiem, check if modem - computer is online before installing your E2500. Once you confirm the connection you may proceed with the troubleshooting links sabretooth has provided. Update us! :smileyhappy: