05-13-2011 11:28 AM
Few questions about the Cisco/Linksys E2500 router. Not sure if this is the right forum, please let me know if there is a more appropriate forum.
1. How can I setup a different wireless security for the main network (WPA2/Personal) and guest network (WEP)?
2. How can I see the DHCP clients connected to the guest network? The router config web interface only shows this for the main network.
3. By default, Cisco Connect uses the same password for the router (192.168.1.1) and the main SSID. Is it possible to go into Advanced settings and change the router password or would that mess up Cisco Connect?
4. The guest network appears as a unsecured network but when you open up a browser to access the Internet, it redirects to the router password page. This is fine for devices that have a web browser facility. But how can I activate the guest network for other devices like, say, a gaming console Nintendo DS, Wii or a Logitech Squeezebox Boom internet radio, Roku media player, etc. They appear to connect to the guest wireless network but are unable to access the Internet.
05-13-2011 03:04 PM
1. The guest network is unsecured like ALL free guest networks from McDonalds to Starbucks. No security is needed or wanted otherwise you would have to enter that security password all the time.
2. I don't think you can. You know who is on your Guest network because they are in the house and you gave them the password at the browser prompt.
3. If you use the web browser to do anything the Cisco Connect will not work anymore. Go into the settings and look around to find out all about your router. You can always reset everything and start over.
4. No, the Guest network is for computers only.