Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
crescere

E2500 password

I have an E2500 router.  When I enter 192.168.1.1 as a web address I am asked for a User name and password.  When I do not enter anything for user name and put “admin” in password the screen again asks me for the same two things and eventually goes to a 401 message. 

When I enter admin in user name and my secure password to allow devises to connect to the network it lets me in. I thought the password to enter the system settings  and the one to enter the network are usually separate.  When I open the Cisco Connect program and go into the various menus there my “secure” password is written and visible for anyone who clicks it. 

Is this how it is supposed to work?

Also, how do I occasionally change  the password to enter into the network.  Thanks in advance to all who help.

oook

Re: E2500 password

If the router has been configured through Cisco Connect Software and if you are trying to access the router setup page manually then yes the Username will be “admin” and password will be “wireless password”… Second, the wireless password will be visible on the router setup page so that it will be easier for anyone to confirm the wireless password if someone forgets…

crescere

I am surprised the password is available to anyone using my computer. My older D-link router had two different pass words for these two functions.  How can I occasionally change it? Thank you for your help. I am new to wireless.

oook

Well, you can even change the password for the router management page. So that you can block the setup page by a different password.

crescere

Ok, How?

free chocolate

[ Edited ]
free chocolate

The router’s administrator User name and Password are different from the wireless network name (SSID) and passphrase of your wireless network. 

If you want to know how to change the security settings of your network go to this article.