aodor
Accepted Solution

E3000 Changing guest network name

When I first configured the E3000 I called the device CiscoRouter, and I had:

a) CiscoRouter

b) CiscoRouter-guest

I then decided to change the name of the device to: Alberto-Network, and now I have:

a) Alberto Network

b) CiscoRouter-guest

I have not foud a way to change the name of the guest conexion.

Cisco COnnect lets me change the password for the guest netwok, but not the name.

How do I change the name of the guest conexion??????

Alberto Odor, MD

binky

Re: E3000 Changing guest network name

Have you installed the Cisco Connect software on your computer? If yes, then open the Cisco Connect software on your computer and in that window you have an option to click on "Guest Network" click on it and now in that window you should be able to change the name of Guest Network.

aodor

I have Cisco Connect installed. If I go to guest network, I can change the password, but not the network name. "password"is a link to the form in which you can change it, while "network name"is not a link.

Alberto

binky

Then you don't have the option to change the Guest Network Name from the user interface. You need to Uninstall the cisco connect software from your Computer, Reset your Router and then re-install the cisco connect software on your computer.

vipulg

I tried resetting the router to factory settings and re-installed CiscoConnect but it continues to default the Guest network name to CiscoXXXXX-guest. During the installation process I changed the default device name to GNet. 

How can I change the guest network to GNet-guest?

dalime

aodor/vipulg.

Open Cisco Connect -> Router Settings -> Change -> Personalize -> Change -> Set a new router name (any name will do) -> Save.

Your router and guest name will now match.

Repeat these steps to set the name you originally intended to have.

Both will match.

There should really be an option for this in the web based (advanced) set up.

tolgabalci

Like dalime said you have to set the Router name and then the guest account is generated based on that.  But it's a bit dumb.  If you've configured your router name from the web panel or after you setup your guest account it will generate a generic Cisco name.

Solution:

1) Turn off Guest

2) Change the router name (Like dalime showed)

3) (cancel) the silly usb key interchange request

4) Change the router name back to what it should be

5) (cancel) the silly usb key interchange request

6) Turn on Guest and now it will recognize the correct router name to add "-guest" in the end of