darrenet

E3000 DHCP reservation and Ipod touch

I have an E3000 with Firmware Version: 1.0.04.When i add certain devices to the DHCP reservation table, for example my Ipod Touch's then I am unable to connect to the Internet. I can connect to the wireless network without any problems, just no internet. If i remove the device from the DHCP reservation table then they work flawlessly. I have had this problem with all firmware versions. I have also sometimes experience this problem with my laptop that uses the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies and also a Kodak photo frame that retreives news and weather information from the internet. If i remove the device from the DHCP reservation table and then add them again they work for a short period of time and suddenly stop, maybe when the device is powered off or goes into standby, that i am not sure of.  Is anyone else experiencing similar issues? an/or maybe a solution!

forsaken

Re: E3000 DHCP reservation and Ipod touch

How you are using the DHCP reservation? Using the MAC address or using the IP address? You face that problem only when you enter your Ipod under DHCP Reservation?

darrenet

Using Mac and IP, Cant do it any other way. Only happens when entered under DHCP reservation but I need a static IP for certain apps.

Carrot

I think you need to upgrade the firmware of your Router. Download the firmware from the linksys router and then reset your router and re-configure all the settings on it from scratch.

darrenet

I have experienced this problem with all versions of firmware for this router. I have also tried factory reset.

darrenet

following up with this issue i am now having problems connecting without DHCP reservation. My ipod's will randomly loose the connection. if i go into the router and change the channel on the 2.4GHZ frequency they will work again for a while, switching between 8 and 11 which both get a good range, not as good as my wrt54g, i am very dissapointed with the range of the E3000. Sometimes i have to go in to the DHCP client table from the local network tab and delete the client for them to work again or physically powering off the router. A combination of all three methods eventually get my Ipods back on the wirless network. I am not having any interference issues with any other wireless device on 2.4GHZ and my Ipods work fine on other wirless networks. is no one else experiencing this?

VMini91

Same exact issue but mine is happening on my samsung epic 4g with sprint...im lost at this point

VMini91

I figured out the problem....in advanced setting of the router....go to dhcp reservation and see if your ipod is receiving a LAN signal instead of a wireless one. Example- when I connect my epic 4g to the dhcp reservation table...it connects to wireless n...a week to few months later I experiance the same symptoms and sure enough the signal changed from wireless n to a LAN signal.....how to fix it? Go into dhcp reservation table...remove ur ipod...save ur settings and refresh the page...now forget the network on ur ipod...then go back into the dhcp reservation table and re-add ur ipod....after u connect..save the settings and refresh the page....ur ipod should pop up be receiving the proper signal now...if u experience the issues again later down the road...just repeat the steps ( u will need to know the mac adress of ur ipod) hope this solves ur issues
VMini91

Just to clarify....before ur ipod will pop up u have to connect it to the router....after u connect to the router again open up the dhcp reservation settings and ur ipod will be there
burgesbj

Have you found a solution to the disappointing range with the E3000?

I upgraded from my WRT54G which covered my entire house but the E3000 can barely reach half my house. Everybody has to come close to the office to get a decent connection. I would expect the E3000 to be at least as good as the WRT54G since they advertise excellent range.