zundapman

E3000 Vista bug finally fixed --- 1.0.04 Build 6

I had given up on using my usb hard drive attached to my E3000 because of errors I repeatedly reported to Linksys...I never got any email responses, but... the other day I checked and there was a new firmware download available.  It fixed my problems!!!

Mark Hodgins

Re: E3000 Vista bug finally fixed --- 1.0.04 Build 6

How did you get the upgrade? I have a wired connection to my E3000 and all the help says is my computer should be 10 feet from it. This makes no sence. There is a link to connect for tech help but that does not work either. I'm stuck on 1.0.01

I can move folders to the USB Drive, but I can't create them.

YSerega

sanjivmshah

where can i download this firmware?

Administrator
24JUAN80

You can download the firmware here.

http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-apac/support/routers/E3000

Click on the downloads tab and select your routers version number.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Search Function is your friend.... and Google too.

How to Secure your Network
How to Upgrade Routers Firmware
Setting-Up a Router with DSL Internet Service
Setting-Up a Router with Cable Internet Service
How to Hard Reset or 30/30/30 your Router
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RJS SNOWPLOWING

I HAD A CISCO ROUTER THAT HAD CONNECTION ISSUES WE CALLED CISCO AND OF COURSE IT WAS OUT OF WARRANTY. THEY SAID THEY CAN HELP US IF WE PAY FOR THE HELP. OR THEY CAN HELP US IF WE UPGRADE OUR ROUTER. DUE TO HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE OLD ROUTER WE ORDERED THE NEW E3000. AND YES THEY DID FIX THE OLD ONE. THE NEW ONE CAME IT RAN FINE TILL THE WARRANTY RAN OUT WE MISSED THE WARRANTY BY 4 DAYS.

DUE TO THERE INSTRUCTIONS WE HAD TO UPGRADE OUR FIRMWARE WELL WE TRIED TO UPGRADE THE FIRMWARE DUE TO THE E3000 KEEPS RESETTING ITSELF. IN THE PROCESS OF UPDATING THE FIRMWARE THE ROUTER HAD RESET ITSELF. NEEDLESS  TO SAY THE UPDATE DID NOT TAKE NOW WE HAVE A FLASHING POWER LIGHT AND NO SUPPORT IF WE DON'T GET SOME KIND OF HELP WE WILL NO LONGER USE CISCO ROUTERS

colfra56

Re: E3000 Vista bug NOT fixed --- 1.0.04 Build 6

I have had internet connection issues from the start with this E3000 router and when I needed help, the warranty had run out I was offered support packages with fees attached. I was about to try downloading the newer firmware but will not now that I believe it won't work anyway. What a waste of time this has been. I want to steer clear of spending any more money on another Cisco product.
Expert
zee29

Re: E3000 Vista bug NOT fixed --- 1.0.04 Build 6

Why not go ahead and do the firmware upgrade. Some had given good feedback when they did an upgrade. Just make sure to reset the router after the upgrade and go ahead and reset the router after that.

zundapman

Just reread this thread.  I was not quite correct about the firmware fully "fixing" Vista problems.  It made it completely possible for me to manage the file system on a 1TB USB connected Western Digital hard drive using Windox XP, and Windows 7.  There are still irregularities caused by Vista's unique user level file atteribute related security.  You can create and see files via a Vista user account but you can't modify a directory structure you created or give permissions to others to view the files properly.  The solution for me is to make the files "public" and viewable by "everyone" using either of the other two operating systems on my network.  Vista is a **bleep** and the E3000 engineers onle barely understood NTFS and originally only supported FAT and that did not work properly until the BIOS patch mentioned in this thread which is the last one for the E3000 version 1 hardware.  I'm still using my E3000 with an Arris DOCSIS 3.0 gateway to Comcast.  My devices see 25 MBPS download and  4 MBPS upload through a switch attached to one of the 1000 rated ports on the Router.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.