Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
skiingj1

E3000 Wireless slows down until a reboot

When connecting wirelessly (5GHz) to the E3000 after a day or so the wireless connection starts loosing speed.  I have Comcast and usually get 20-30 MB download connections.  After a day or so I start to lose speed (down to 5MB) until I reboot the E3000.  Then I resume 20-30MB download connections.  My wired connections appear fine and don’t experience the slow down.  I'm doing my speed test with http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

The wireless slow down seems similar to the old memory leak condition of old Windows OS’s.  Called Cisco and they don’t have an idea.  They had me change a few settings (channel info) but I’m pretty technical and don’t feel that will fix it.  Anyone have any ideas???  Thanks!

Tennberg

Re: E3000 Wireless slows down until a reboot

I would do a firmware reinstall on the E3000 (the latest version is 1.0.00 B026) then do two to three 30/30/30 hard resets (Hold down the reset button or 30 seconds, pull out the power plug while still holding the reset button for another 30 seconds, then plug back in the power while still holding the reset button for another 30 seconds).

Then, reconfigure everything from scratch. See if that works. Doing that fixed a lot of wonky behavior on my recently-purchased E3000.

skiingj1

I will try that, thanks.

tonym89

Not exactly the same but similar issue with my 1 week old E3000

Everything working fine and then on Saturday got disconnected from Xbox360 Bad Company 2 game. Tried everything and it would not connect any longer.

All other games worked fine, just this one.

Did a Factory Default reset and still nothing.

Switched router out with my older Netgear and it worked immediately

Interesting enough the E3000 worked without an issue with that game for 6 days then all of a sudden just seems to block traffic to the servers for that game.

I will try reflashing it as I do really like this router and the added range / NAS support I have with it.

jazztickets

Interesting. I'm having the same problem. I have comcast with a motorola sb5101 modem. I'll have to try Tennberg's suggestion.
skiingj1

Have not tested since I posted as I left on a last minute work trip for a month.  I have a Motorola SB6120 with two Vonage V-Portals in between.  All my wired connections get 20 - 50MB download speeds but for some reason after a few days my wireless drops significantly.  It appears to lose at least 5MB a day in speed but what’s strange the wired connections don't lose speed.  Rebooting the router brings wireless speeds back to normal.

Waimea

skiingj1,

I was experiencing the same slow down you mentioned with my E3000 as well.  I also have Comcast.  Within a few days of having the E3000 router,  I discovered the slow down, I rebooted the cable modem and the E3000 router and then one at a time.  The E3000 seemed to be the culprit after a few test runs over the next few days.  I did a search on the net about complaints on having to reboot routers (Linksys 610N, I believe).  I discovered that someone had suggested lowering the MTU to 1350.  I entered the web interface (I didn't install the software) and set the MTU tab to manual and set the value at 1350.  I'm going on about two weeks now and have not had to reboot the E3000 again.  I just tested it again before posting this suggestion and it is 26.99 Mb/s and 9.36 Mb/s.  The ping is 25ms.  I hope this works for you as well. 

skiingj1

[ Edited ]

Waimea,

Thanks for the info!  I had the 600N and had similar issues.  I will try lowering the MTU when I return home later next month.  I also didn't install the connect software.  Thanks again!

Mahalo!

yllena gabriel

for this e3000 powercycle will always works .. no need to reflash the firmware ..

jazztickets

True, but nobody wants to reboot their router every few days.