Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
chamberc

Re: E3000 Wireless slows down until a reboot

I don't think it's malice, but rather, either they're not aware of the issue or they can't fix it.

eshudnow

[ Edited ]

Any of you guys try DD-WRT with UPNP on?  I'm curious if it works.  If it does, then I would tihnk it's a firmware issue.  I was talking to tech support in live chat and they were making some useless changes that didn't do anything.  They were supposed to call me back the next day but never did. 

(Mod Note: Edited due to non-compliance of forum guidelines.)

cgbick

After reading through this thread, I've decided not to buy an E3000 for now.  I'll stick with my DLink router, which works well enough, until this problem has been fixed.

eshudnow

Oh and I did forget to confirm that turning off UPNP also fixes the issue for me. 

chamberc

They don't have a fully functional version of DD-WRT for the E3000 yet.

eshudnow

That depends on what you consider fully functional.  There is a beta right now that does have UPNP.  Curious if anybody has tried that with UPNP on and if they encounter these issues.

Wayren

I'm actually relieved to see this thread. I've been experiencing the same slow downs myself. This issue is actually the whole reason I came to the forums, to see if anyone else was experiencing this behavior. Glad I'm not the only one at least.

eshudnow

Ya, I wouldn't buy this router.  I am now experiencing issues with this router disconnecting quite often.  I'm going to return this thing until the next router gets released.  Hopefully it doesn't also exhibit the issues the E3000 has.

LRuiz

I've had t he same speed degradation issues mentioned before.  I've moved the router away from my Comcast cable modem and picked up cat6 cables for all connections.  It has improved the situation but not fixed it.  I start with a 34mb download speed and within a few hours would normally drop to about 8.  By moving the two apart and changing the cables, it now takes about 10 hours to drop to that level.

I have the current firmware patch (5/4/10) and I've tried setting MTU to 1350 and turning UPnP off.  Same behavior regardless.

I'm at wit's end.

Anyone have luck with Netgear? =P

chamberc

They're at least aware of it now... a Linksys engineer contacted me via email several days ago with questions regarding my experiences with the slowdown.