Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
DynaDom

Re: E3000 Wireless slows down until a reboot

i too am noticing intermittent slow downs i am also running a sb6120 with a cat6 monster cable to separate them with cat 5e 550 to various computers from the e3000 and the internet sometimes will take forever to load its really odd. It says connected at 1gigabit. I have tried cleaning all files, there is no malware. This is occurring on several well working and tuned computers I have a comptiA+ and  keep computers. I am not sure why this is happening. The wireless slows too. Connections never drop. When I repair connection through xp the connections speed back up to instantaneous but don't last long what is the ?

chamberc

Ditto... I typically get 48-50 mb down, and about 4 up, but after a few hours, I slow to a fixed 5 mb down/ 2 up... reboot the router, and bingo... speed comes back.

skiingj1

I've called Cisco and they had no idea what is wrong.  I will call them back after I get back from this month long trip.  Suggest others having problems to call Cisco and have the issue documented.  Changing the MTU value is worth a try, I will attempt when I get home.

chamberc

Sad, because the feature set is great and the 610n was rock solid.  Luckily a reboot takes care of restoring speed, but it's a pain to have to do that every day...

chamberc

Just to update the thread, the new firmware released a few days ago does not correct this speed degredation over time issue.

lolly

Yes but Lynksys wants you to reboor your router every day because they obviously do not have an answer for this problem. See the thread from Mesonto for a better way of refreshing your router without physically turning it off and on.

chamberc

Like the release and renew option, the E3000 has a "reboot" button on the first page of the firmware, and is fewer keystrokes/clicks.

I'm actually going to use one of my extra X10 modules to have my computer cycle the router in the middle of the night every night.

lolly

Good idea on that X10 mudule maybe Linksys should be giving one away free with every router they sell!

chamberc

Sad, but true... also, since they already have the "REBOOT" button now in the interface, if they could just add a feature to "reboot @ x:xx AM/PM" that would be nice.

lolly

Yes, I actaully have been trying to find some software to set a script that would do this on my 600N.