Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
LinkSys69

Re: E3000 Wireless slows down until a reboot

Yes, I'm seriously considering shelving mine and replacing with the old WRT54G.  My wired speed is supposed to be 10Mb, but can't seem to get more than about 5Mb out of the E3000.  It temporarily went up to almost 9 just after installing the new firmware and hard reboot, but has slowed again to around 5Mb and nothing seems to help (reboots, power downs, etc.).  When I plug the WRT54G back in its place (all cables and everything else the same), I get performance around 10Mb again.  Bought the E3000 for Netflix and speed, but little did I know that it would run slower than the several year old model.  Very disappointing...

simmer

No new suggestion here either.  :smileysad:   Please linksys fix the problem with new firmware already!

marciorr

chamberc wrote:

I would agree, except my 3000 slowed down with uPNP disabled as shown in the previous posts...

Regardless of Static versus Dynamic WAN, uPNP on or off, mine slows down from the high 40 mbps to 5 or so within 12 hours.  A WAN release and renew or reboot fixes the problem instantly.

This product is crazy, for me the uPnP solution worked. I'm at full speed for several days now.

DynaDom

[ Edited ]

I will try the upnp off trick. Although this is an absurd solution to a problem that should not happen to a router bought from the primer company with their flagship model in 2010. For 180 dollars... Upnp is an absolute necessity for anyone would actually want to purchase a router like this. Disabling Upnp that actually seems to operate correctly (which is a first for linksys) is unacceptable. Why is it so hard to fix this?

THANKS

(Mod Note: Edited for guideline compliance.)

chamberc

It's a disappointment, but very typical of ver 1 Linksys products.  They'll get it fixed within the next year or so based on past performance... it's a great router, if it would just work.

DynaDom

I have not seen the 5 mb down speeds you all say you see. although I feel it. I know i pay for 35 down and 5 up and i have  seen that when I first installed the router. mostly on this  router 20 down and more often 25. But GOD  it feels like 5 down most of the time when navigating web pages. I have fielded complaints from everyone on the e3000 network constantly for a long time complaining the internet is  slow... if I do a repair on the network connections on each affected computer or reboot the router the problem goes away temporarily. I too have noticed the internet unuseable it is ridiculous I really need linksys to fix this problem. it doesn't seem to affect overall download speeds more of a navigation problem. 

yes i have researched all the other fixes from malware to clean up all the temp files cache etc i have bought registry mechanic and put it on all computers they are all tuned up more than properly. vista xp and  7 are all running slow on the e3000 there are no firewall conflicts. viruses trojans left on file sharing heavy network usage. None of that. Just multiple connections anywhere from 5 to 12  but the router can surely handle many more. I work out of my home and connect to IBM everyday have 2 kids who are gamers and girlfriends who bring over laptops. and a wife who likes farmville some cell phones that connect... why is the e3000 making the internet so painfully slow. There is more than enough bandwidth and all that load never happens at once and ironically it appears at downtimes the internet is slow when it should be fast. I remember in the beginning of having this router everyone would complain that they would get signed off of the internet when they came down in the morning would the slow down have something to do with inactivity? but clicking of a send message or to open aol.com shouldn't take 10 min and never load....

skiingj1

For the last couple weeks I've played with some settings; MTU, Static IP and uPNP.  I have backed out all changes but Static IP and the E3000 has had a clean 20MB + download for the past week.  I'm going to call Cisco back and check on my ticket and report what I’ve found.  They need to fix this router soon.  Strange that I only experience the latency over wireless and others see it on the wired side.

chamberc

So does a release and renew.  I actually set mine up now on an x10 module and it reboots every 12 hours.  Keeps the speed acceptable... I just wish it would stay at 50 down all the time!

DynaDom

i have turned upnp off for a week now and it seems to be okay. but not great like when i reboot the router.  but a new problem has arose, random internet drops

marciorr

I'm about 2 weeks with uPnP off, and speed is great, but thats absurd, Linksys has to fix this.