Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
TWISTED BULLET

E4200 Xbox NAT Issue, 2 Xboxes, Factory Default Will Not Fix It.

I own the E4200, and Im more than happy with the router.  Before I messed with some settings I had 2 xboxes with OPEN NAT, but I was playing around with some advanced features that have now left both xboxes with moderate NAT.  I used to have OPEN NAT without port forwarding, not I have to port forward to get one xbox OPEN NAT, and the 2nd xbox is then TRICT NAT.

In Administration I was playing around with SIP ALG and CTF, because I wanted to see if I could help the lag compensation in Modern Warfare 3.  Disabling CTF actually made a huge difference, but Im not sure what SIP ALG did, so all was fine.  Unfortunately both xboxes were MODERATE NAT, so I put the setting back to default, but my NAT was still MODERATE on both boxes.

I decide to restore factory defaults, but both xboxes are still moderate, factory default normally would reset everything, and NAT would be open again on both xboxes. 

So right now Im at factory default apart from using a wireless password, and port forwarding on one xbox so NAT is OPEN, the 2nd xbox is strict and has serious trouble getting into games, and when that xbox gets into games they are very laggy.

Can anyone help me understand why factory defaults are refraining from giving both xboxes OPEN NAT?  Is there anything with lease times I can try?  Would re-uploading the firmware do anything?  Also would performing a 30-30-30 do anything?  If so how do you do a 30-30-30 reset?

Aagin, when I first brought the router both xboxes were OPEN NAT, and not after chaging some settings both xboxes are MODERATE NAT or one OPEN NAT and one STRICT NAT if you port forward.

Any info is appreciated, thank you.

scrooge

Re: E4200 Xbox NAT Issue, 2 Xboxes, Factory Default Will Not Fix It.

A known issue with Linksys routers is the NAT Type 3 or anything related to dropping of Internet connectivity during play time. Network Address Translation (NAT) is the ability of a router or firewall to translate a public IP address to a private IP address and vice versa. It adds security to the network by keeping the private IP addresses hidden from the outside world.

Gaming consoles such as Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3, and Wii™ often encounter NAT related issues resulting to poor gaming experience. This problem is resolved by checking the settings on your router which contribute to NAT issues.

This is due to the built-in firewall of the router and to get past this, you will need to open ports on the router. You may do this by either doing Port Forwarding or Port Triggering. Once the ports are successfully opened, the NAT Type issue will change to Open or Moderate thus, making the gaming console work.

Here is the link which can help you in resolving the concern: http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=2902de6218ed4dc1a4c595595ca1f60a_Resolving_NAT_Typ...

TWISTED BULLET

Re: E4200 Xbox NAT Issue, 2 Xboxes, Factory Default Will Not Fix It.

The link didn't work:smileyhappy:

I have an open nat on box and did have on two, I just want to go back to that, and factory default didn't help.