felixjet

E4200 disconnects randomly and cisco light blink

Hi, i own this router from  yesterday and i cant believe this ****. Randomly, the cisco light blinks and i lose my internet connection. I cant even ping the router. After 30 secs it works again. But this is annoying, i got disconnected 4 times today, unnaceptable. Im connected with wired ethernet. My firmware is 1.0.03.

Hope someone can give me a solution... ty

quack

Re: E4200 disconnects randomly and cisco light blink

Try to hard reset the router once. Here is the steps:

With the unit powered on, press and hold the reset button on back of unit for 30 seconds

Without releasing the reset button, unplug the unit and hold reset for another 30 seconds

Plug the unit back in STILL holding the reset button a final 30 seconds....

After doing the following procedure the check whether you can ping the router or not...

theflux

I am experiencing this same issue.   It seems to be related to when an iOS or Mac OS device connects to the router.  As soon as they start to do anything over the network, the router reboots.  It is driving me completely insane.  The router was rock solid until we started to try to use an iPad and a laptop with Mac OS 10.7 lion on it.

Settings:

No SSID broadcast

WPA2 Personal

Mac Address filter

I've tried upgrading the firmware (now at 1.0.03).  I've tried performing a factory reset.  I've tried disabling WWM in the QoS menu, as well as UPnP.

hiptechboy

theflux wrote:

I am experiencing this same issue.   It seems to be related to when an iOS or Mac OS device connects to the router.  As soon as they start to do anything over the network, the router reboots.  It is driving me completely insane.  The router was rock solid until we started to try to use an iPad and a laptop with Mac OS 10.7 lion on it.

Settings:

No SSID broadcast

WPA2 Personal

Mac Address filter

I've tried upgrading the firmware (now at 1.0.03).  I've tried performing a factory reset.  I've tried disabling WWM in the QoS menu, as well as UPnP.

Do you still have issues when you use a wired instead of wireless connection?

I don't work for Cisco. I'm just here to help.
felixjet

The entire router disconnects, obviusly wired connections drops too.

hiptechboy

Obviously you're not understanding the logic here. You listed a couple of wireless settings so I'm assuming that the devices that you think are causing this issue are connected to the router wirelessly.

This problem could be triggered by a wireless issue, so I want to prove/disprove that by changing a small variable (how the devices are connected to the router). 

I don't work for Cisco. I'm just here to help.
felixjet

[ Edited ]

Obviusly you are the one not understanding the logic. Please explain us how you can connect an iphone with wired cable. ty

EDIT: Oh, and btw i did not list the wireless settings, that was our friend with the same problem :smileyhappy:

theflux

I've never experienced the issue when connected by wire.  It only seems to be triggered over wireless.  I also had a new experience just tonight.  When using a Mac computer, this one 10.6 Snow Leopard, I crashed the router three times in a row.  I was using Chrome 16, and wanted to look at my Netflix queue.  I would click the queue menu option on Netlifx.com.  Each time I clicked it, the router crashed.  I waited for the router to reboot, re-establish wireless connection, and then I would attempt to click it again.

felixjet

[ Edited ]

bro, i use windows and i get the same problem whatever im doing. the only fact we have in common, is my brother have an iphone, and maybe he connected to wireless causing router to disconnect, but i doubt it because i changed the SSID and forgot to tell him. tomorrow i receive a replacement and if it doesnt solve the problem i just gonna move away from linksys...

richard804

From the userguide

This light indicates power or Wi-Fi Protected Setup status.If you have client devices, such as wireless printers, that support Wi-Fi Protected Setup, then you can use Wi-Fi Protected Setup to automatically configure wireless security for your wireless network.To use Wi-Fi Protected Setup, refer to "

Wi-Fi Protected Setup" on page 12.

Power

(white) When the router is powered on, resets to factory defaults, or upgrades its firmware, the light flashes slowly (every three seconds).When the router is ready for use, the light is continuously lit.If there is an error, the light flashes quickly (every second); disconnect the power adapter from your router, wait two seconds, and then reconnect the power adapter to your router.

Wi-Fi Protected Setup

(white) When the Wi-Fi Protected Setup process is active, the light flashes slowly (every two seconds) for two minutes.When the Wi-Fi Protected Setup is successful, the light is continuously lit.If there is an error, the light flashes quickly (every second) for two minutes; please wait and try again.
Greetings from Northern Ontario, Canada