Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
yo8saw

Re: E4200 - very low wireless throughput with WMM activated

As I've already mentioned in my first post, I have tested with WPA2 and with no encryption, and also I've tried different channel widths, without success. I tend to believe this is a bug in the WMM implementation in the firmware. Does anyone have any idea how I could inspect the WMM (QoS) classification of the wireless frames that get to my wireless adapter? Wireshark does not work, and I've read that there are some problems with dissecting wifi frames.

PhoenixFlame9

Re: E4200 - very low wireless throughput with WMM activated

[ Edited ]

I'm not exactly sure if this is the same problem, but I too am investigating QoS and WMM settings because all they do is seem to cause problems. For me enabling WMM makes all of my our of network traffic really slow. I can't even stream a youtube video without it pausing to buffer with WMM enabled. But I did read somewhere that without QoS you can't achieve wireless N speeds, like you noted in your post. My question is why does QoS slow down traffic when there is only one device using the network? In my opinion QoS sucks, as I have never seen it work as it should on any router I have set up. However I would like to be able to achieve the 300Mbps transfer speeds in network. Sorry I can't answer your question, but I would like to follow your post as I feel that it is the same problem I am having.