edelmanm

E4200v2 - Browser access to settings

I'm able to use the web interface to the router, from one computer (Windows XP, IE 8). But from my other computer (also Windows XP, IE 8) I can log in to the router, but then the browser just presents an empty screen. I haven't been able to discover any setting in the browser that could cause this. From this same computer, I can access the web interface with no problem, using Google Chrome browser! So the problem seems to be in IE. Has anyone a solution?

lordstag

Re: E4200v2 - Browser access to settings

Reset your IE to default settings. Since it works on one computer and not the other, it stands to reason that the settings on IE are the problem. If you go to tools, internet options, advanced tab, you can reset all settings to default

edelmanm

Yes, thanks, I tried that, with no result. This is still a mystery to me.

quack

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?  To start IE in No Add-ons mode:

=> Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without Add-ons; or

=> Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode: 
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx

2. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings (RIES)?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737 

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is it supported in IE8?  What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?  What third-party firewall (if any)?  Were any of these applications running in the background when you installed IE8 and/or SP3?

4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought it)?