Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
atfree

E4200v2....not all devices listed on Smart-Wifi

I've noticed that my E4200v2 Smart-Wifi cloud doesn't show all the devices that are connected to my router.

To test, last night we turned on EVERYTHING....4 iPod Touches, 2 Xboxes, 1 Blu-ray player connected to Netflix, 1 Directv receiver, 4 laptops, 1 desktop, 1 iPhone,  and made sure all of them were connected to the Wi-fi and actually streaming/downloading/playing something.......the Smart-Wifi only recognized about half of them as being connected. I rebooted the router and it picked up a few more but never accounted for all  the devices connected.

If you can't account for all the devices connected to your network, setting-up up reliable Parental Controls is almost impossible.

Very disappointed and about ready to start looking for another brand of router. Sad, as I've been with Cisco/Linksys for over a decade and been very satisfied in the past.

ScarletJamie

Re: E4200v2....not all devices listed on Smart-Wifi

It’s how they design the products like the model of your router.

http://homekb.cisco.com/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=4e2e9bbdb9df4302bcb25947cd0399a3_Introduction_to_...

Scorponox

I have the same issues with my E4200v2.  It will not pickup my ATA, though I gave it a static IP.  Also, if I rescan for device sometime it will show a certain device and other times not, though coneected.

opheliaimmortal23

What you can try is to add the MAC Address of that device on the DHCP Reservation List. Here's a link that I found here with a user posted a work around for a case with Multiple Devices on Device List and I am pretty sure that it will help with the current issue that you have: http://homecommunity.cisco.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/EA6500-Multiple-devices-under-one-device-Workarou...