Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
jd10135

E900 wifi slow if wireless security on, fast if disabled.

I'm sitting next to Cisco e900 wireless router with my Android Charge smartphone. 

On the smartphone, the wifi connection shows only 19Mbs Link Speed. It often will drop to 5Mbps, or stop altogether.

I have the Cisco E900 router configured to WPA2/WPA mixed mode.

If I disable wireless security, my link speed stays at 54Mbps or faster.

I would like to have wifi secured.  How can I both do that, and keep fast speeds.

WPA personal, WPA2 personal are also slow.

I'm grateful for any responses.

Expert
sabretooth

Re: E900 wifi slow if wireless security on, fast if disabled.

Do not use mixed mode, set to WPA2-AES only.  Once done, then set WMM to disabled or enabled to see which works best for you.

earthmyrll120288

Re: E900 wifi slow if wireless security on, fast if disabled.

jd10135 wrote:

I'm sitting next to Cisco e900 wireless router with my Android Charge smartphone. 

On the smartphone, the wifi connection shows only 19Mbs Link Speed. It often will drop to 5Mbps, or stop altogether.

I have the Cisco E900 router configured to WPA2/WPA mixed mode.

If I disable wireless security, my link speed stays at 54Mbps or faster.

I would like to have wifi secured.  How can I both do that, and keep fast speeds.

WPA personal, WPA2 personal are also slow.

I'm grateful for any responses.

The latest firmware posted on Cisco's website for this product is known to fix issues with slow wireless connection. Go to http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/support/routers/E900. Click on downloads and select version 1.0. It will show you the latest firmware available for download. Make sure you have that firmware installed on your router.