Maaz
Accepted Solution

EA2700 DHCP reservations

Hello,

I have an EA2700 running latest firmware 1.1.38.138827. It is using Cisco Connect Cloud. I am unable to access the DHCP Reservations link under Connectivity/Local Network. When I click on it, nothing happens. I've tried multiple browsers including IE 10 (Windows 8 RTM), Firefox 15, and Chrome 21. I also tried on a Windows 7 machine with IE 9 and the link doesn't work on that either except that it shows a box that says Invalid Character when I click on the DHCP Reservations link. I see no invalid characters on the screen. Any workaround other than downgrading the firmware or assigning static IPs on individual PCs?

Also, on an unrelated note, where is the Dynanic DNS configuration on the Cisco Connect Cloud?

Thanks,

Maaz

ylime1984

Re: EA2700 DHCP reservations

Hi,

Have you tried re-opening the cloud interface?

I tried it myself with my IE version 8 and it worked well.

I suggest if it will still not going to work after re-opening cloud, you restart the pc, delete cache on the web browser and perhaps disable the firewall. BTW, are you getting an error message?

I've found this link then for your reference.

How to configure DHCP Reservation using Cisco Connect Cloud

http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=b3d06f6582db4827a385b696e353eb16_How_to_configure_...

Expert
jlbjlb

For DDNS, try going to Security, then Applications and Gaming, then DDNS, then Select a Provider.

Maaz

Thanks. I get an "Invalid Characters" error message in a small box on the upper left with IE 9 when I click on the DHCP Reservations link. The other browsers give me no error message at all. I tried using Compatibility View but it makes no difference. Clearing cache, disabling firewall, and disabling pop up blocker make no difference.

Maaz

ylime1984

You could try to reflash the cloud firmware, reset the router then have it reconfigured.

Maaz

Thanks for your help. There was a miinor update to the firmware 1.1.38.138880 that the Cloud wouldn't pick up in automatic updates or check for updates but the release notes didn't say much other than it was to make it easier to downgrade the firmware.

I installed that one manually and it didn't make a difference but I figured out the problem. I had the host name set as maaz.local. Surprisingly, this is what was causing the invalid characters message when I clicked on DHCP Reservations with IE 9 (with all the other browsers, I received no error message). When I changed the host name to just maaz, the DHCP Reservations link started working. Go figure!

Maaz

jaymay

Hi! I believe the host name should not affect your dhcp reservation table/link. But your case is a bit weird. Not sure how's that possible though but good thing it worked after you change the host name to just maaz.

Teken

[ Edited ]

Maaz wrote:

Thanks for your help. There was a miinor update to the firmware 1.1.38.138880 that the Cloud wouldn't pick up in automatic updates or check for updates but the release notes didn't say much other than it was to make it easier to downgrade the firmware.

I installed that one manually and it didn't make a difference but I figured out the problem. I had the host name set as maaz.local. Surprisingly, this is what was causing the invalid characters message when I clicked on DHCP Reservations with IE 9 (with all the other browsers, I received no error message). When I changed the host name to just maaz, the DHCP Reservations link started working. Go figure!

Maaz

Maaz,

I just recently updated my E4200 with the Cisco Cloud Connect. I had the exact same problem as you where selecting the DHCP Reservation would do nothing!

If it wasn't for your reply I would have NEVER figured out what the root cause was. :smileysad:  Anyways, I changed the Host name with out a space and all is well.

Much Thanks

Teken . . .

Maaz

Teken, Glad I was able to help. Hopefully they fix the bug in a future firmware.