Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
RuleOfSines
Accepted Solution

EA2700 - Unable to Rollback to old Web Interface

Hello,

I have an EA2700 which I am trying to rollback to the older interface, however it errors out every time I try to install the firmware.

All I ever get is this message: 

Unexpected Error The firmware update did not complete successfully. Please try again later.

We've encountered an unexpected error. If the issue continues, please visit our Technical Support site.

I've reset the router multiple times, powered it off overnight, re-downloaded the file multiple times, and am still unable to successfully rollback. Sometimes it even errors out when I try to set the password on the router itself and I have to reset it again before I can use the interface.

Wendel48

Re: EA2700 - Unable to Rollback to old Web Interface

I am sorry for your needless waste of time. Such is life with Cisco. Try the following.

Connect to the Internet and choose Updates. See if the Cloud firmware will download and install. If it doesn't, return the router, it's toast.

If you get the cloud interface, unplug the router and  physically disconnect it from the Internet... WAN cable.

Now power it up and try the upgrade to the Classic firmware again. Installing firmware is available in the crippled cloud interface you have. You can do it wirelessly. Hope that helps.

RuleOfSines

[ Edited ]

Afraid I can get nowhere with this thing. I do have access to the cloud interface, but the firmware upgrade just fails over and over. Tried it wirelessly and wired, and with multiple browsers. Also tried manually re-installing the cloud firmware as an experiment with the same results. Automatic updates just recognizes that I have the most current firmware and stops

On a humourous note, I think it is interesting the error message says to "please try again later." What exactly, is supposed to be different about later that this will work? :smileymad:

RuleOfSines

Would there be any reason why I would have to register for the cloud before I can succesfully do this? Considering I only bought this router a month or so ago, would be great not to have to get rid of it so soon.

Wendel48

You do not need to register for the cloud to get the Classic firmware installed. When you are not connected to the Internet, WAN cable to modem disconnected, you can still access your router's firmware using the 192.168.1.1. Once logged in you can reflash your firmware.

RuleOfSines

Oh well, appears my router is junk now :smileysad:

Mort

First of all you can try to do the 30/30/30 Hard Reset. The following procedure will clear out the NVRAM and set Router back to default values:

• With the unit powered on, press and hold the reset button on back of unit for 30 seconds
  • Without releasing the reset button, unplug the unit and hold reset for another 30 seconds
  • Plug the unit back in STILL holding the reset button a final 30 seconds....

Then to rollback the previous firmware here is the link for the same: http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=227c9e6286124532ac52a643ca4122a5_Rolling_back_the_...

RuleOfSines

Tried that, still just get the unexpected error during firmware update. :smileyembarrassed:

greencross

RuleOfSines

Was getting setup to give that a try, and lo and behold when I connected to my router this time I was presented with the classic web interface :smileysurprised:

One of the Failed firmware updates must have actually succeeded finally, even though it just kept throwing error messages. To be sure I re-flashed the old firmware again from inside the classic interface and it worked perfectly without errors.

At least I am now finally back to where I was before the clouds rolled in.