EA3000 Guest users able to access secured 2.4hz n/w without providing pwd

[ Edited ]

I have a 2.4hz and 5hz network both having same pwd. When I enable Guest network with a password guest's are able to connect to it and when they open the browser it prompts to enter the guest password. But my issues is, from the guest mobile/tablet now when they select my 2.4hz it does connect automatically without asking for any pwd and they are able to connect to the network. When my guest n/w and 2.4hz n/w having different pwd how is this possible or is there anything I need to enable to restrict guest accessing my secured 2.4 hz

Expert

Re: EA3000 Guest users able to access secured 2.4hz n/w without providing pwd

Did those devices ever connect to the main net  before? They may be remembering the password from that. 

If you have been helped by responses from me or others on this site please feel free to hit their kudos button! thanks
Expert

[ Edited ]

Hi, ring. Change the 2.4 GHz password. Possibly, there's a profile saved for the 2.4 GHz connection on their devices.

Regards, 

Ethel_10700

Linksys Technical Support 

No they don't know the 2.4 password at all. 

Expert

To verify, what's the exact model number of your router? The Linksys EA3000 isn't part of the available list of Linksys routers, ring. By the way, can you send a screenshot of the wireless settings so we can further check on it?

Chris-21499
Linksys Technical Support