Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
BB3
BB3

EA3500 change admin username

I've searched everywhere and tried the suggestions for other models but cannot find how to change username admin to something different. I can reset the router password but there's no easily identifiable option for changing the username.  Can anyone help?

greencross

Re: EA3500 change admin username

you can't change it

cordar

[ Edited ]

So basically if anyone can guess your password, or find a password default they can find a way to default your router? I have the same problem with the EA4500 by the way.

Expert
zee29

cordar wrote:

So basically if anyone can guess your password, or find a password default they can find a way to default your router? I have the same problem with the EA4500 by the way.

There is no option to change the router username. That is how the router is designed. It will only give you the option to change the router password. And the only way to default the router so to speak is to reset it.

suzukigirl

I know that these post where for last year but I have just discovered that I have the same problem with the password.  When I set this new router up I documented every thing I typed in and with every question asked. I have always been good at documenting passwords, dates etc... I have not changed the password for the associate router password. I had changed internet service ONLY and when I hooked up the new modem I had to get  the back into my Wi-Fi account and this is where the problem started for me. I haven't even had this router for a year and clicking on chat I am informed that I have to pay 39.99 for a 6 month service for them to help me. Honestly I have purchased alot of products and m still after 2 years have been able to get help without paying for it... I guess these cmpanies value their customers.. They aren't asking for all your money to get help. Never will I buy another thing from this company and I will be sure to inform all my contacts on facebook and have this passed on.. It is the public who needs to infom others so they to can make the right choice in what product to NOT BUY. I have tried all the things I have read. I configured my router a few times and still nothing..... I am purchasing another router but not from cisco. I will NOT give them another penny of my money.....

luce.evening.star

Have you tried to reset the router back to factory settings? You can click on “Forgot your password?” option and a link will be sent  to the email address you signed it up for and through that link you can change it.

John_G

luce.evening.star wrote:

... You can click on “Forgot your password?” option and a link will be sent  to the email address you signed it up for and through that link you can change it.

When I goto URL=192.168.1.1, I cannot get past the user/pw pulldown.

It is not accepting my user and pw OR the default ones.

Where is the "Forgot your password?" screen?

____
John
Expert
sabretooth

There is none.  You will have to hard reset the router and totally reconfigure is from scratch.  Once it is reset username is blank, password is 'admin'. 

yahyoh

[ Edited ]

u can change the password from Router setting -> connectivity -> router password 

and u can change the router name from the top bar after u log in 

( this in Linksys Smart wifi frimware IDK about classic ) 

:smileyhappy: