EA3500 youtube video does not start or very slow to start

my ea3500 has problems with youtube videos. When i click to start a video, sometimes it starts but after a very long buffering time (more than 8-10 seconds), sometimes it does-not at all some other time, the advertisement  play but nothing happens after that (black screen). I have a fast internet access (30 MB up, 2 Mb down). I do not have this problem with the old router that the ea3500 is replacing ( a netgear wndr3700). On this old router al the videos are starting almost instantly.

I tried to lower the MTU of the 3500 from the default 1500  to 1400. No improvement. 

I tried to disable the WMM feature in QOS and by doing so i create another problem : i cannot access the 5 Ghz band anymore. I can see the SSID but cannot connect to it.

Anybody having an idea on how to resolve this ?

Re: EA3500 youtube video does not start or very slow to start

Sorry for the error: my internet access is 30mb downstream and 2 Mb upstream and not the reverse.

the 5Ghz network is your best bet in streaming videos.

make sure that you have

♦ a unique ssid

♦ wpa2 personal/ aes encryption

♦ a 5Ghz compatible adapter on the PC 

it's important to set the network apart (hence the unique ssid) from the 2.4Ghz network otherwise you won't exactly know which one you're connected to.

Thanks for the reply

♦ a unique ssid : It is the case . I use Home as SSID for 2.4 Ghz and Home_5G for 5 Ghz

♦ wpa2 personal/ aes encryption : Never thought  using less than that

♦ a 5Ghz compatible adapter on the PC : I use an Intel 5100 adapter on my laptop  that do both 2.4 and 5 Ghz. I use the 5Ghz band on  my laptop  and the main family PC that is connected with a netgear WNDA4100 N900 adapter. All the  other PCs(5 in all) use 2.4Ghz . After disabling Wmm in QOS, i was not able to connect the 2 PCs using the 5Ghz band . They could connect using the 2.4 Ghz SSID though. Re-enabling Wmm allowed me to use 5Ghz again.

I have the Youtube problem on both the 2.4 and 5 Ghz band. As i said when i reconnect my old netgear router, no problems at all.

how about a firmware upgrade?

use the auto update feature. check this link for more info: http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&articleid=25284.

Latest version already installed.

I have the same issue. Any update??

Nothing so far. Always same issue

Same issue here with the EA3500 as well (WIRED connected).

Anyone know of a fix or is this going to require a software update from Cisco?

[ Edited ]

rscully wrote:

Nothing so far. Always same issue

The reason why disabling WMM prevents you from using the 5ghz band is because some wireless adapters require it to be able to access an N only network. 

As for your youtube issues, do you still have the problem when using a wired connection? Is IPv6 disabled? Does this happen all the time or only during the day or night?

What is your http speed (right click the video and click show video info)  when you play the video at this link http://www.youtube.com/my_speed

I don't work for Cisco. I'm just here to help.