wanderers

Re: EA4500 Disable Cisco Connect Cloud

jaymay wrote:

it smoothly connects all your devices, so everyone can enjoy their favorite activities at the same time, you get the flexibility to access your home network anytime and anywhere, you can use it to download an ever-expanding suite of apps that make it easy to run your connected home.

If you work for Cisco, congratulations!  Great company, but you should say so.

On the other hand, I hope that you don't work for them because this is totally misleading because:

(1) the router already already smoothly connected all of my devices.  That's what routers do!  Don't need the cloud for that.

(2) the router already had a checkbox to allow remote access.  I NEVER CHECKED THAT BOX.  If you want to add a checkbox to allow cloud krrrrrap, add a checkbox.  Don't make it mandatory.

(3) an ever-expanding suite of apps to run my connected home?  My home is operating smoothly without Cisco's help, thank you very much. 

I have an idea.  Make this cloud junk a paid option and see how many people will pay for.  That should everyone happy.  People who think it's great will pay for it, the rest of us will go on our merry way and Cisco will get rich.  Or not.

gbrosseau

That's fine if you want this sort of thing, however, the professionals like myself, don't want to go to a cloud to make changes to our local router.  There should be an OPT OUT not a ram it down your throat splash screen.  I told 13 people today and showed them via screen shots by email; they are not happy either and said they will not be changing their router anytime soon.

gbrosseau

Agreed, this is another big brother, monitor my traffic move.  I didn't see the opt out screen with a removeable check mark for accepting Cisco Cloud Crap (CCC) as it was dubbed today by one of my peers.

wanderers

It's interesting how many people posting about this problem are posting here for the first time.  It goes to show you how this upgrade annoyed and disappointed customers who until this moment had nothing to complain about!  They were happy and the router was humming along without the help of the cloud.

It's also interesting that I've gotten a number of notifications to this topic and the other related threads and by the time I show up it's already been deleted.  I don't know what people are saying that's so offensive, but I hope this means that Cisco is aware of the issue and will correct it by making this feature totally optional.

jrosenbl

My E and EA concerns for large purchases

I would like to weigh in on this discussion and ask that all who would like to request a change to the Cisco Connect option with the ability to activate or disable this feature (with, for example, a checkbox option) express their request so that Cisco-Linksys can get an idea of how many customers would be interested. In our case, we had planned to use hundreds of these routers for an solution and application across the country, but the way Cisco Connect is currently implemented, we would be unable to manage all of them through the cloud; it does not make sense to register them under one or even hundreds of email accounts. We need to disable the feature in order to manage the routers individually and locally. If this option is not provided soon, we will need to change our purchasing plans and use a competitor's router, such as NetGear.

Kindest Regards,

Joel

clvk07

Re: My E and EA concerns for large purchases

It seems that diagnostic is not working for me after the upgrade. If I click diagnostic it just hangs.

The ea4500 is my first cisco router. Had 3 Netgear in the past. Last being the wndr3700 which was far superior to this piece of crap in  range , speed and configuration. 

JackieLLowery

I have found that, if you disconnect the cable from the internet port, the cloud page will say 'internet disconnected' and allow you to log into the router with your router password.  Still haven't found way to disable it.

wanderers

JackieLLowery wrote:

I have found that, if you disconnect the cable from the internet port, the cloud page will say 'internet disconnected' and allow you to log into the router with your router password.  Still haven't found way to disable it.

Most of the options will not be available if you do it this way.  And it it quite a pain.

ctilley79

Yeah.  They give you just enough options to piss you off when you are disconnected.

opheliaimmortal23

jltermarsch wrote:

My EA4500 router now automatically goes to Cisco Connect Cloud, and I can no longer access my router directly through my browser. I do not want to use Cisco Connect Cloud, for security reasons, so how can I disable the automatic access to the cloud? Use of the Cisco Connect Cloud should be optional, and not mandatory. If the cloud is the only way I will be allowed to make changes in my router, I may just have to return it to the store. Can this "feature" be turned off?  Please !!!!

I believe Cisco is heading to using Cloud as a way for the users to monitor or modify the settings on the router even on a remote connection. Even if you  decline the prompt, it will always prompt you to do the upgrade again to the Cloud firmware.