Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
ISeeMontana

EA4500 as Wireless Bridge?

Hola everyone,

I've been reading around the web/these forums for a few days and see that a lot of bridging is normally set up by running a large ethernet cable from one router to another (of course, settings, options, turning off DHCP, etc.) I'm reading from various places that only certain routers have Wireless Bridge functionality. I know the EA series routers can bridge with a physical Ethernet cable, but is there a method of a wireless bridge without needing to run the cable to where I want the second router to be? 

I tried setting to Bridge, but theres no reference about repeating or searching up the source router for an internet connection to bridge. 

Even a simple "no, can't be done" is enough; just need it confirmed, thanks everyone!

hiptechboy

Re: EA4500 as Wireless Bridge?

You can't do that with Linksys's firmware, but you can do that with dd-wrt. Although, repeating does reduce the bandwidth dramatically from what I've heard and experienced. 

Setting it up using dd-wrt's wireless bridge feature is much better. 

I don't work for Cisco. I'm just here to help.
ScarletJamie

I believe there is no way to set it up the way you want (like bridging it wirelessly). You can refer to this article http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=f61db959480e4c5ca31657cea9355fad_EA4500_Frequently...

Sxooter

Sadly the EA4500 runs the Marvel chipset which is not supported by dd-wrt.

hiptechboy

Oh. That sucks in terms of possible features. 

I don't work for Cisco. I'm just here to help.