rizedr

EA4500 connection issues

Hey there!

I've recently purchased a Linksys EA4500 router. I've got home, I've used the installation guide CD thingy, connected 3 of my laptops wirelessly, no issue there.

However when I tried to connect my 4th laptop problems came along. The problem I was dealing with was that I couldn't connect to the router. I mean I could see the network name appearing in the list, but when I tried to connect the network would just dissapear from the list, not connect, and wouldn't back on the list unless I've reset the laptop. Anyhow I've ignored that computer because I thought it was two years old and it might have had a wireless network adaptor issue, although it was conneting with no problem to my former router D-Link DIR 365.

Anyway, just yesterday I've purchesed a brand new netbook (Evolio U9) and it doesn't see my router, although it sees all the other connection availables (my neighbors' wirless networks), I even connected to one of them just to test if anything was wrong with the netbook.

I also have problems when trying to connect with an Iphone 4. Well, it does connect, but the connection to the iphone just goes on and off making it impossible to use. It's really strange that all the 3 Iphones in my home have no issue connecting, not even my Glaxy S3, nor any of the Smart Tvs, nor the printer.

Does the router have any number of limited connections available? The router configuration is the ones done from the CD. I've only assign a SSID and a WPA password.

Please note that all the computers above are GENIUNE Windows 7.

Thanks in advance,

Dragos Rizescu

ScarletJamie

Re: EA4500 connection issues

rizedr wrote:

Hey there!

I've recently purchased a Linksys EA4500 router. I've got home, I've used the installation guide CD thingy, connected 3 of my laptops wirelessly, no issue there.

However when I tried to connect my 4th laptop problems came along. The problem I was dealing with was that I couldn't connect to the router. I mean I could see the network name appearing in the list, but when I tried to connect the network would just dissapear from the list, not connect, and wouldn't back on the list unless I've reset the laptop. Anyhow I've ignored that computer because I thought it was two years old and it might have had a wireless network adaptor issue, although it was conneting with no problem to my former router D-Link DIR 365.

Anyway, just yesterday I've purchesed a brand new netbook (Evolio U9) and it doesn't see my router, although it sees all the other connection availables (my neighbors' wirless networks), I even connected to one of them just to test if anything was wrong with the netbook.

I also have problems when trying to connect with an Iphone 4. Well, it does connect, but the connection to the iphone just goes on and off making it impossible to use. It's really strange that all the 3 Iphones in my home have no issue connecting, not even my Glaxy S3, nor any of the Smart Tvs, nor the printer.

Does the router have any number of limited connections available? The router configuration is the ones done from the CD. I've only assign a SSID and a WPA password.

Please note that all the computers above are GENIUNE Windows 7.

Thanks in advance,

Dragos Rizescu

Hi. You can follow the steps below.

• Make sure SSID broadcast is enabled.
  • Changed the channel (not auto)
  • Upgrade the firmware of the router (if needed).
  • Manually add the SSID from preferred networks.

rizedr

No result, same issue.

Wizzard

According to the scenario that you have what you can try is to lower down the wireless security. Second, try to relocate the router anywhere else in an elevated area. Then check the connectivity status…

opheliaimmortal23

rizedr wrote:

No result, same issue.

Try channels 1,3,6,9.

silianu

a have a diferent problem....my wireless network conection is stuck on 65 mbps. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Expert
jlbjlb
silianu

i have windows 7 32bit....it doesn't work :smileysad:
Expert
zee29

[ Edited ]

@silianu

What is the adapter for that computer? Make sure that the 2.4GHz and the 5GHz bands have different network names. Also make sure to use wpa2personal for the wireless security. If all else fails, upgrade the router's firmware and make sure to reset before you reconfigure.

silianu

my adapter is an Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 it is only capable 2.4 GHz bands and i have already upgrade my firmware. i'm on cloud right now. i have disabled 5GHz band and my 2.4 GHz is on wpa2 personal. i need to tell u that my previous router was a WRT 160 NL and on that one it connected on 150 mbps constanly