wsls800

EA4500: how to send logs to syslog or via email?

Hello,

I absolutely need to collect the router logs and send them to a syslog daemon or via email.

How xan I achieve that?

Thanks

Expert
zee29

Re: EA4500: how to send logs to syslog or via email?

The router does not have the feature where you can save the logs to a notepad, why not click on Open in Browser and then copy and paste the results to a notepad or wordpad so that you can go ahead and send it thru email.

Please check link below how to enable logs in the router:

Title: Enabling the Logs feature of the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router using local access

Article ID: 26579

wsls800

Yes, I know that. But I need to automatically collect the full history of logs. Or... do you mean I should refresh the browser every five minutes or so and copy the contents, continuously for 24 hours, 7 days a week? You're kidding, right? :-)

jaymay

As what zee29 said, the router doesn't have a feature wherein you can automatically collect all the history of the router logs and send to your email.

wsls800

Thanks for your answer.

Just let me say that's pretty disappointing, as competing products in the same price range (or even lower) do have the automatic log collection feature.

Anybody from Linksys might perhaps shed some light on wehther this feature will be added via a firmware upgrade in the future?

Thanks in advance.

jaymay

We can only hope that linksys will add this type of feature once they release new firmware. But from what I have noticed, this type of feature has never been a part of the older routers that they have sold in the market. You will have to check from time to time if and when they will be releasing a new firmware with this type of feature that you are looking for. Based on personal experience I have not seen a home/consumer router that has this capability.

Expert
sabretooth

jaymay wrote:

We can only hope that linksys will add this type of feature once they release new firmware. But from what I have noticed, this type of feature has never been a part of the older routers that they have sold in the market. You will have to check from time to time if and when they will be releasing a new firmware with this type of feature that you are looking for. Based on personal experience I have not seen a home/consumer router that has this capability.

Linksys products only.  Other vendors have the built in even in their lower priced routers.

wsls800

Yes, I confirm Linksys has always had this feature even on the lower range home products.

Expert
sabretooth

wsls800 wrote:

Yes, I confirm Linksys has always had this feature even on the lower range home products.

Really?  Which Linksys products allow you to email the logs?

wsls800

Sorry, I wrote "Linksys" but I meand "D-Link"...

I was referring for example to D-Link DIR-655, which I dismissed after buying Linksys EA4500. I've lost the possibility of emailing logs...