Re: EA4500: weird login screen; can't login [ New ]

Options

28-06-2012 01:26 PM 

-----------------------------------

Enjoy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ph3a9jbfge5or9l/FW_EA4500_2.0.37.131047.SSA

-----------------------------------

Did anybody try this?

.....................................................................................................................

It is the same as this one:-

http://www.mediafire.com/?oahard1f1fxc93o

and it works.  Simply update the firmware using the Cloud.  After a reboot you are back to the original firmware (without the cloud) then uncheck the automatic update box and the problem is solved. 

markdr

Re: EA4500: weird login screen; can't login

Nice, I will try this as soon as I can. Question : did it retain all of your settings? I have a bunch of ports forwarded, and not that I mind re-entering them manually Id prefer if the settings stayed when I downgraded. 

StuartKaymer

markdr wrote:

Nice, I will try this as soon as I can. Question : did it retain all of your settings? I have a bunch of ports forwarded, and not that I mind re-entering them manually Id prefer if the settings stayed when I downgraded. 

Most, but not all, of the settings were retained.

markdr

Excellent! thanks. 

wanderers

StuartKaymer wrote:

I didn't notice any missing settings.  What did you miss?

StuartKaymer

Options 
06-28-2012 07:25 AM 
StuartKaymer wrote:

I didn't notice any missing settings. What did you miss?

.................................................................................

The names quoted for my equipment had changed. 

Wendel48

@ Stan Kay Thanks Stan for your help. Any idea where I can get the EA3500 firmware?
jltermarsch

Stan

I have not registered for the cloud yet and am hesitant to do so. When I disconnect the router from the internet, and access it through the browser at 192.168.1.1 I find a button to update the firmware. Can the firmwre be updated by using the update firmware button within the router itself and using this SSA file that you have provided>

Wendel48

Yes it can. Point the router to the location of the SSA file in your computer and you're good to go. Depending on the file you may need to press the reset to factory defaults button with a paperclip. The file in this thread is for the EA4500.

frboyer

Ok, I have been able to access the settings without logging to the cloud and without disconnecting the router from Internet, but not access to all parameters (I can access the same parameters as if the Internet was disconnected).

I was going to explain how to do it, but found it is dangerous security breach in the new firmware. The big breach is that not only I was able to access without logging to the cloud, which is what we should be able to do as I also think the cloud should be optional, but that I was able to access router settings without the password.