12-12-2012 11:03 AM - edited 12-12-2012 11:21 AM
Just logged into my EA6500 and noticed new firmware available..184.108.40.206072
Anyone try this yet? It's not on the download page yet so no notes on what this addresses...
12-12-2012 03:01 PM
LMAO Another firmware update for the 6500 im so glad i did not buy that buggy router. Cisco did no testing or homework before they put that thing on the market.I guess they are using there customers as there testers. Shame on that..
12-12-2012 03:29 PM - edited 12-12-2012 03:30 PM
I already unplugged, restarted the router and computer. It didn't change anything.
As for the web browser it's giving me the "Loading..." under Chrome and not IE9 which is kind of ironic because I just recently stopped using IE9.
12-12-2012 03:45 PM
I have checked the Cisco support website & I found the firmware version 220.127.116.11072 is already downloadable. The release notes say, to quote:
Release Date: December 4, 2012
Firmware version: 1.1.28 (Build 146072)
- Improved browser support including IE 10, Firefox 15 or later
- Bug fixes; including UI and Localization improvements
- Add firmware rollback option
- Improved performance with Cloud
- Fix for Linksys Home Networking Widget
- Additional support for printers using Virtual USB will be included in future releases, as new 3rd party drivers are made available for Windows 8 and Mac 10.8.
12-12-2012 04:03 PM - edited 12-12-2012 04:06 PM
You may also try another computer to further isolate the issue. Does this "loading..." issue only happens on the Media Prioritization?
12-12-2012 04:08 PM
12-12-2012 05:06 PM
@ Jibjib: Y should we as customers users have to deal with all this cr@p we buy a router hook it up and expect it to work thats it. Most people dont know how to work on routers and they should not have to forceing people to constantly worry about problems and updates is stupid. Just my 2 Cents ...
12-12-2012 05:43 PM
I tried it on my laptop with a slightly older version of Chrome and it's working. No "Loading..." status.
Yes Media Prioritization is the only widgest affected.
I might put the old firmware back on later.
I think I might try upgrading Chrome to the beta version I'm running on this computer. The interface was working fine under the version of Chrome I'm running until I upgraded the firmware.