Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Terry Knox

EA6500 Software

I bought the EA6500 yesterday and tried setting it up with the CD that came with it and it tells me  ( YOUR COMPUTER DOES NOT HAVE NETWORKING CAPABILITY ) and will not install. I have the capability for networking because I have a network. I was able to set the router up but not with the software on the CD. I have tried a number of times and still get the same message and when I click on view details this is what I get   

(Error code: 0x82BF0106
Error description: This computer does not have any network adapters.
Model name: EA6500
Model description: unknown
Serial number: unknown
Firmware version: unknown
Operating system: Windows XP SP 3
Software version: 2.0.12254.2
Connection type (WAN): unknown
IP address (LAN): unknown
IP address (WAN): unknown
Computer IP address: unknown)

I have a network adapter and it works just fine.  Anyone else out there having this problem? Any idea's on how to fix this problem.  Thanks in advance for any help

Terry
jaymay

Re: EA6500 Software

Have you tried resetting the router after you were first prompted with the error message? The computer, that you used to run the setup cd with, is it a wireless or a wired computer? If it’s wireless, have you tried hardwiring it to the router and tried running the setup again? You could also try downloading the setup software from the website and use that one.

Terry Knox

I have tried it both wired and wireless. I even downloaded the software from cisco to see if that would make a difference but it did not. I have reset the router and rebooted the router and nothing seems to work. I even tried to install it on my wifes computer and it would not work there either. I am at a loss at the moment.
Terry
lheyvens

[ Edited ]

@Terry Knox

What's the O.S of computer that you used when tried to set up the router? Is your Internet Service Provider Cable or DSL? Can also tell us what's the brand of your modem.

Terry Knox

I am useing Win XP Pro. The internet provider is cable (Atlanticbb.net) the modem is a Motorola surfboard. I just seem to have strange things going on with this router. I am able to see my wife's computer on the network but she can not see mine in the workgroup.
Terry
lheyvens

Indeed the problem that you have is not usual. You did mentioned in your previous post that you've used your wife's laptop but you got the problem,right? Is your wife's laptop also on windows xp?

Terry Knox

yes she is running XP Pro also. These are not laptops these are desk top computers we are running
Terry
lheyvens

Oh so the two computer's you've tried so far are both desktop,right? Before yon run the set -up cd of the router,did you check the ip address of the pc wired to it? We wanna make sure that the computer attached to the router has a valid ip address.:smileyhappy:

Terry Knox

Yes I did. I had to change the standard ip of 192.168.1.1 to 198.168.2.1
I have even reinstalled XP from scratch and it still give me the same error when trying to install.
Terry
lheyvens

[ Edited ]

As far as I recall EA6500 has no issues regarding installing it on a windows xp OS but for the sake of isolating the problem I would suggest that you borrow computer/laptop that runs either win7 or vista so we can check if that same error will occur.