04-13-2013 12:14 AM
I just bought the EA6500 last week. Had to RMA it on Monday and got the new one today. The issue still persists. The power light is constantly blinking and my computer is unable to obtain an IP address from it. I contacted tech support and was unable to get the issue resolved so I had it exchanged believing it was defective. The new one does the same thing. When I connect my computer to it, the light on my Ethernet port stays a solid orange instead of green like it does for my usual router. The Cisco light is constantly blinking. I would really like some assistance in this issue as I doubt I would receive two defective routers in a row.
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-13-2013 05:07 PM
The EA-6500 has many many issues i also bought one awhile back and it was broke right out of the box never could get it to work or connect and i have set up many routers. I would return it get your money back and then research your next router purchase.
04-13-2013 05:09 PM
04-13-2013 05:26 PM
Hey you do what ever you feel you need to do im just telling you from my own personal attemp at getting that router to work right. Just look around this forum on the 6500 and you will see what im talking about. YMMV Good Luck !!
04-13-2013 08:49 PM
@jbaraqui: Double check the power adapter – it should be 12V, 3A. You may also try plugging in the router in another power outlet for isolation. Reset the router – push and hold the reset button for 30 seconds then power it off for another 30 seconds. Make sure that the computer is getting a valid IP address from the router. You may have to upgrade the firmware of the router then. If you are unable to access the router page, you can follow the steps provided by once user in this thread: Upgrading the Router's Firmware. After doing this, reset the router again and check the power light. If it's still blinking then it could be a hardware issue.
04-13-2013 09:23 PM
How about you try the following troubleshooting steps:
Once you will get a reply from the router, try setting up the router again.
04-13-2013 09:25 PM
04-13-2013 10:12 PM - edited 04-13-2013 10:15 PM
Hi Shentok ,
You can try the ff steps
* download the latest firmware of the EA6500
* download the upgrade utility , http://support.linksys.com/en-us/support/routers/B
* Then connect the computer to the router (do not connect the modem yet, while doing these steps)
* Set static IP on the PC , like 192.168.1.100
* Ping the router , if you can get reply from it then you can perform the upgrade
* Run the utility
* Server : 192.168.1.1
* Password : admin
* if upgrade will be successful
* turn off the router for 2 mins , after that , power on the router then wait for the powerlight to stay solid
* Once its solid , set the computer back to DHCP
* Then check if you can get an IP address from the router , if you can then you can now try accessing the user interface of the router.