leonardevens
Accepted Solution

EA6500 doesn't show device connected to 5 port workgroup switch

I just replaced a defective Linksys e4200 with an ea6500.  After some help over the phone, I got it up and working, but one computer on my local network doesn't show up.

I had connected an 8 port 10/100 Linksys switch to my 4200, and my wife's computer was connected to that.   Her computer shows the ip address as 192.168.1.133 and it is connected to the internet with my new router.  But the ea6500 doesn't show a device with the ip address.  Instead it shows  what it calls a Network device with ip address 192.168.1.130.

How can I see the devices connected to the 5 port switch and determine what ip addresses they have been assigned?

zmae

Re: EA6500 doesn't show device connected to 5 port workgroup switch

[ Edited ]

I am using a switch with my network with an EA router and it shows the devices correctly. Turn off the computer that is not showing up in the device list and check if any device will show as offline adter that. Remove it from the device list and reboot the router afterwards. Once the router is ready, open the router page again and power on the computer and check if it will be detected correctly. Hope this helps.

Edit: Check and make sure that you have the latest firmware loaded. If not upgrade the firmware and do a reset after the firmware upgrade. Check your device list after that.

leonardevens

Re: EA6500 doesn't show device connected to 5 port workgroup switch

I had already done what you suggested, and the computer connected to the switch showed up as a device.  Also, additional clients showed up in the wireless clients list.