Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
1FastSUV

EA6500 won't accept connection, Help please!!

When I plug in the power cord to my EA6500 all the LED's on the back, and the white Cisco on the front come on solid, then the lights on the back go out and the white Cisco light starts blinking faster than every second. I can't get it to stop blinking no matter what I've tried so far.

It won't let me connect to it at all.  I've tried everything I can think of, and have tried almost everything I could find in Troubleshooting in Cisco Community.  The Linksys Smart Wi Fi  Router setup says "We could not find your router."

I've also tried using the red Reset button and the light never stops flashing.  I've tried pushing the button quickly, holding it down for ten seconds, and holding it down for more than 30 seconds, but the light continues to blink.  I've also unplugged it and waited more than 10 seconds, but nothing seems to work.

Is it possible to have a bad router?    I don't know what else to try.

Expert
jlbjlb

Re: EA6500 won't accept connection, Help please!!

aldrainne07

Hi, 1FastSUV. How about you try these workarounds:

1. Reboot the router (for 30seconds)
2. Wait for the power light to blink TWICE
3. Reboot the router again (for 30 seconds)
4. Wait for 2-5mins for the power light to get solid
5. Check then if you can ping the router ; try to configure it

Once the router will respond, try to set it up manually. For further instructions to set it up manually, Setting up your Linksys Wi-Fi Router without using the setup CD.

hrolan

I hate the manual.  All that it says about the light flashing every second is that there is an error.  It does not say what to do.  I tried to follow the instructions below, but it doesnt even take 30 seconds for it to begin flashing every second.  And, it never just flashes twices...it goes from the startup scan routine right to flashing lights.

thebluemamba_24

Hi, I’ve your other post from this link: http://community.linksys.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/EA6500-stopped-working-continuously-flashing-light/.... You might want to return that unit and to have it replaced because it may seem that the router is not working properly.

franval

IT WORKED!!!!

I struggled with this problem for months.

Every the power went out I lost the router, and could not restart it for days or weeks, using another spare in the meantime.

Tried all the other fixes I could find.

To re-start the router, place it in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.

quickly plug it in, and eureka it will work and start normally!!

At least it worked for me.

Suggest you put a UPS on the power supply to eliminate further problems.

Hope it works for all you other unfortunates.

meegosh

Nice work around. I heard that method somewhere and I think they called it 'thermal shock'? I don't know if it's correct. But very risky - extra caution should be applied. 

Using a UPS to protect these devices to sudden electrical surge would still the best one for me.

:smileywink:

---
If everyone needs to believe in something, I believe I'll have another beer..

franval

don't think it is that risky if you don't "freeze it"
For me, the UPS is more to stop the power going off to the router, because that's when the problem of re-starting occurs. It seems to work just fine as long as the power is not interrupted.
jt.brown

Putting my router in the freezer for 20 minutes worked like a charm.